Transfer July open

Craigieboy

38 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I'd like to see us upgrade on Broadfoot. He's a decent option as cover, but over the course of the season I'd like to see Findlay paired with someone else, perhaps Del Fabro if he was an option. 

Any potential loan deal for Greg Stewart should be jumped on, but I can't see that one happening. 

I can see Stewart, Jones, Docherty etc loaned out to spl teams to try and take points Celtic. 

Would love to see Stewart back.

20 minutes ago, Deano said:

I can see Stewart, Jones, Docherty etc loaned out to spl teams to try and take points Celtic. 

Would love to see Stewart back.

I can definitely see them being loaned out, just have my doubts it will be to us given comments made about our pitch amongst other things. But yeah, I'd love Stewart back as well.

2 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

I don't think people realise that Broadfoot is a first choice CB this season with Findlay. We won't be signing anyone to play ahead of him

It's something that's worrying me about Dyer. We seem to be trying to get some of the old team back together. Already brought Broaders, Bachmann hopefully and maybe tish. Dyer I think assumes these players will be the same as they all were 18 months ago. 

I hope he is right but I'm not convinced

8 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

It's something that's worrying me about Dyer. We seem to be trying to get some of the old team back together. Already brought Broaders, Bachmann hopefully and maybe tish. Dyer I think assumes these players will be the same as they all were 18 months ago. 

I hope he is right but I'm not convinced

Absolutely this. Its lazy recruitment and the easy option. No vision. 

Broadfoot shouldn't be at Rugby Park nevermind first choice centre back. 

Edited by Sam

9 minutes ago, Sam said:

Absolutely this. Its lazy recruitment and the easy option. No vision. 

Broadfoot shouldn't be at Rugby Park nevermind first choice centre back. 

Broadfoot has been a competent player for us in the past, but he is getting on and I'd prefer he was only used as back up this season.

In general, the recruitment so far looks positive given the circumstances. I an ideal world, a first choice CB, Bachmann and midfield playmaker would finalise the squad for me, but we are Killie and don't inhabit an ideal world.

It's good to see boys like McGowan and Haunstrup coming in, where they were obviously respected by the fans at their previous clubs. On the back of solid players like Findlay, Brophy, Power and Burke, we really don't have much to complain about.

It would be good to see a youngster making a permanent breakthrough this season. Sad to see so many of our youngsters let go, it's the bread and butter of a club like ours to generate our own talent.

4 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

It would be good to see a youngster making a permanent breakthrough this season. Sad to see so many of our youngsters let go, it's the bread and butter of a club like ours to generate our own talent.

They were released because they weren’t good enough. We all wish for the next Taylor or Naismith but it’s not as easy as you think. 

29 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Why does our fan base hold grudges so much? I’m really not arsed who done what when they left us. Once they pull on the stripes they become one of us. That’s all that matters. Yes broadfoot can have a brain fart but what defenders don’t? He performs pretty consistently. Unless Bachman has lost an arm I expect him to be a top goalie for us. Tish will add good squad depth.

But...but...big bad Gary Dicker was pointing the finger at Alessio...

30 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Why does our fan base hold grudges so much? I’m really not arsed who done what when they left us. Once they pull on the stripes they become one of us. That’s all that matters. Yes broadfoot can have a brain fart but what defenders don’t? He performs pretty consistently. Unless Bachman has lost an arm I expect him to be a top goalie for us. Tish will add good squad depth.

What about McKenzie when he pulls on the stripes?

5 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I never said it was easy, but it is something that the club need to get better at.

We've got Lyle, Brindley, Cameron, Taylor and Connell in the first team squad just now. We're promoting the young guys, the chance is there for them to take.

We can't keep paying guys who aren't breaking through the way we want them to in the hope that they'll become good enough they need to show they can be better than what we have.

That's what Boyd, Naismith and Taylor did. The club didn't keep giving them games when they weren't performing, they pushed into the team and they made it clear that they were as good and better than what was playing ahead of them.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

We've got Lyle, Brindley, Cameron, Taylor and Connell in the first team squad just now. We're promoting the young guys, the chance is there for them to take.

We can't keep paying guys who aren't breaking through the way we want them to in the hope that they'll become good enough they need to show they can be better than what we have.

That's what Boyd, Naismith and Taylor did. The club didn't keep giving them games when they weren't performing, they pushed into the team and they made it clear that they were as good and better than what was playing ahead of them.

Very well put. Even if 1 of those 4 break through it can be deemed a success.

It’s been said by a few different people at the club now that Broadfoot is a good player to have in the dressing room. Good at motivating the team and Dyer clearly trusts him. I’m not the biggest fan of him starting but if that’s what we start the season with then he’ll have my full support. He snaked St Mirren over more than he did us just to come back here.

14 minutes ago, killieblue said:

It’s been said by a few different people at the club now that Broadfoot is a good player to have in the dressing room. Good at motivating the team and Dyer clearly trusts him. I’m not the biggest fan of him starting but if that’s what we start the season with then he’ll have my full support. He snaked St Mirren over more than he did us just to come back here.

I liked Kirk's interview on KTV. Clearly has a winning mentality, possibly a legacy from his time at Rangers, which I think benefits a team and drives results.

Some players can appear passive, neither up nor down about a negative result.  Having Kirk throw a few tantrums about high expectations is a positive thing to have in a group.

He also said he'd been working on his back muscles as he hadn't had the opportunity since his ops - hopefully he can stay fit and regain the form from the season before.