Transfer July open

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

Not quite. The Record is in the same publishing group as the Kilmarnock Standard. It’s fairly routine for the ‘big’ papers to scour the wee local papers for stories of a wider interest. The Standard reported the story earlier in the week and the Record have now chosen to feature it. Happens all the time in all areas of news. 

That doesnt dispute my point at all. My mate works for a paper under the Record's group so I understand how it works, but news is supposed to be reported when it's current- not days after folk already know about it. 

1 hour ago, SCOOT KFC said:

Has there been rumours of DDF joining? 

None that I'm aware of yet apart from DDF saying he wants to return. Unfortunately I don't think he will as he was angelos player and since dyer came in he was clearly seccond man to Broadfoot for some reason. I would live to see him and findlay partner up again, but don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong tho.

16 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

He isn't registered to play for Juve, if a club wanted to do a deal then the season will have nothing to do with it.

He wouldn’t be for season 19-20 as he was loaned to us.  That season isn't complete in Italy so player registration wouldn't be open  unless you were a free agent.

Edited by Beaker71

45 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

That doesnt dispute my point at all. My mate works for a paper under the Record's group so I understand how it works, but news is supposed to be reported when it's current- not days after folk already know about it. 

It’s not big enough news that it needs reported as it happens. In fact, nothing has happened, only talk and rumours. I’m sure when/if the signings are made, the Record will feature them in the paper the following day. 

15 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

It’s not big enough news that it needs reported as it happens. In fact, nothing has happened, only talk and rumours. I’m sure when/if the signings are made, the Record will feature them in the paper the following day. 

Doesn't stop the Record putting talk and rumours about the old firm on the back pages every single day of the year.

4 hours ago, McDeeBop said:

Gonna be honest, if Tish signs to be an attacking mid (proper, actual attacking mid with proper actual defensive minded mids behind him).....

I've seen a couple of folk mention Tshibola as an attacking midfielder, but I just don't remember him being like that, more of a combative, ball winning CM.

AHe had a couple of his shots that were garbage (either all power, no direction or vice versa) and I don't really remember many defence splitting passes.

Sure he scored 2 goals that I recall, but wasn't one of them against a Lower League club?

Happy to be proved wrong though as we really need a creative player in the midfield. What were his stats about his goals or assists? 

4 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

I've seen a couple of folk mention Tshibola as an attacking midfielder, but I just don't remember him being like that, more of a combative, ball winning CM.

AHe had a couple of his shots that were garbage (either all power, no direction or vice versa) and I don't really remember many defence splitting passes.

Sure he scored 2 goals that I recall, but wasn't one of them against a Lower League club?

Happy to be proved wrong though as we really need a creative player in the midfield. What were his stats about his goals or assists? 

Brora Rangers was one I think. I remember him having a really good strike disallowed in one of his early games. 

10 minutes ago, historyman said:

I remember him having a really good strike disallowed in one of his early games. 

Pretty sure it was against St Johnstone at RP when Boyd was in an offside position in front of the GK.

Image One

Image Two

Edited by skygod

15 minutes ago, skygod said:

He has only four goals and five assists in 98(28) senior appearances.

I'd say that's a poor return for an attacking midfielder. 

Decent for a sitting midfielder who's job is to break up play and retain the ball, though.