Transfer July open

Craigieboy

7 minutes ago, skyhigh said:

I know there was a sizeable break with lockdown but I imagine he'll want a wee bit of a breather between the end of their season and the start of ours? 

I don't get your logic, He's just back from a 3 month enforced break with lockdown, since they started back at Watford, its really not much longer than a normal pre season would be.

17 minutes ago, skyhigh said:

I know there was a sizeable break with lockdown but I imagine he'll want a wee bit of a breather between the end of their season and the start of ours? 

I’m not sure why he would need a breather, as mentioned he’s just had a 3 month break and essentially what’s just been a slightly longer preseason. It’s not like he’s been playing every 4 days or so like the first team players have been. You think he would be champing at the bit to start playing some game

7 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Maybe the club are drip feeding signings out. I can’t see why you would hang about nearly 5 weeks on trial if you haven’t already got a deal sorted. Especially with the season starting on the weekend. 

That's my thought on it. His agent would be chapping Dyers door asking if he wanted to sign him or not. Cause if not he was off 

Just now, Ngonge88 said:

That's my thought on it. His agent would be chapping Dyers door asking if he wanted to sign him or not. Cause if not he was off 

Probably a 1-2 year deal signed. Maybe they are waiting to see exactly how Bachmann situation comes out. We need a keeper and Rogers is probably about right to be pushing Bachmann for the season. 

The recent 2 signings had both said along the lines that deals were verbally agreed a week or more before club had confirmed the deal , it might be down to waiting on all full contracts getting signed or perhaps waiting till the paperwork gets registered with SFA........

The proposed loan deal for Bachmann will still have Watford paying a good percentage of his wages .....so can’t see us putting too much pressure on them to hurry things along if as rumoured initial negotiations had been positive and planned talks would conclude some point after their season ended

Edited by Scouser2

There's also no sense in the club announcing 2/3 signings in one day if they can stretch it out, gives them more content to post about on social media in the weeks leading to the season opener. Builds more suspense and speculation more folk talking about it etc etc, wonder if the media team have read any of the posts on here w folk losing their minds at the fact we've not a starting keeper yet 

40 minutes ago, BigYin said:

I’m not sure why he would need a breather, as mentioned he’s just had a 3 month break and essentially what’s just been a slightly longer preseason. It’s not like he’s been playing every 4 days or so like the first team players have been. You think he would be champing at the bit to start playing some game

don't know why there's a delay.  just trying to make sense of it, badly perhaps.  Isn't it reasonable to think it may take a week or so to allow him to move from where he is now to where he's gonna be living for the next year?  

44 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Maybe the club are drip feeding signings out. I can’t see why you would hang about nearly 5 weeks on trial if you haven’t already got a deal sorted. Especially with the season starting on the weekend. 

Dont see why we would drip feed signings. I presume we are holding out for a reason that included bachman. It

52 minutes ago, BigYin said:

Maybe to have a family holiday?

Just because their haven't been games their season was still ongoing and they had to be ready to go whenever called upon.

20 minutes ago, maxyboy said:

There's also no sense in the club announcing 2/3 signings in one day if they can stretch it out, gives them more content to post about on social media in the weeks leading to the season opener. Builds more suspense and speculation more folk talking about it etc etc, wonder if the media team have read any of the posts on here w folk losing their minds at the fact we've not a starting keeper yet 

Don't like that idea. Much better to announce 11 signings on one day, that worked well

Listening to the season previews The Terrace are doing puts our business in a bit of context. 

St Mirren have no left back at the club at all, not even a youth player. And still only really have Obika of note up front. 

Dundee United will be relying on Mark Connolly and Mark Reynolds as their centre halves... And don't seem to have much money unless Shankland goes. 

Dykes looking likely to go from Livi, Cosgrove from Aberdeen... 

I think we are doing pretty well all things considered. (don't think goalkeeper will be a problem before the usual posters jump in) 

3 hours ago, Sam said:

Maybe, just maybe, there is f**k all to report? 

Just saying....

I think with 4 days to go until the season starts and no senior keeper at the club we can all presume otherwise out of hope the club haven't been that negligent in filling a key position.

Just now, CB said:

He'd be taking a massive pay cut, if it was true

Might be worth it for him to be playing every week and get him in contention for Europe next summer. Don't think Austria have a set number 1 yet. A good year or two up here with us could get him a lucrative move back down south.

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

Opportunity to get back in the shop window. I don’t think a permanent deal would be in our budget but perhaps a longer term loan. Maybe two seasons?

Could we maybe do a deal where we pay for him over two years? Sign him on a three or four year deal, pay half this year and the other half next year to spread the cost and help our budget? Might appeal to Watford to free up a wage as his value will surely have went down after a year sitting on the bench other than a poor two leg defeat to a league 1 team.