Transfer July open

Craigieboy

47 minutes ago, historyman said:

If there are plenty of options available then we should go and get one now.

Key word there is "now".

The choice was between the best keeper we've had in about ten years who knows and gets on with the manager and squad or any number of new keepers with potential to be good but with transfers you never know. 

If we got as far as an agreement on Bachmann then I think the club chose right to pursue that over a more uncertain name. I'd take Bachmanns quality for a year over someone were less sure of permanently, unless there was a standout name going free. 

But now, if the deal has gone, we can either get a different loan or sign one of the many free keepers. 

Just seems a bit harsh to criticise the club if we got as far as it sounds we did with Bachmann and we've had a back up keeper for a few weeks who has played in the bounce games and knows how we play. That sounds pretty organised to me. 

Edited by mitch14

2 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

The reality is we're 4 days away from the start of the season and have no keeper signed. Really hope AD and JF have something up their sleeves.

Why is it taking so long to make a decision on Rogers and what happened to the guy from Fulham?

We need 2 or 3 keepers not just Bachmann 

17 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

The reality is we're 4 days away from the start of the season and have no keeper signed. Really hope AD and JF have something up their sleeves.

Exactly that.
It's not being negative - it's simply the facts of the situation and on the face of it it isn't good enough.

1 hour ago, mitch14 said:

Key word there is "now".

The choice was between the best keeper we've had in about ten years who knows and gets on with the manager and squad or any number of new keepers with potential to be good but with transfers you never know. 

If we got as far as an agreement on Bachmann then I think the club chose right to pursue that over a more uncertain name. I'd take Bachmanns quality for a year over someone were less sure of permanently, unless there was a standout name going free. 

But now, if the deal has gone, we can either get a different loan or sign one of the many free keepers. 

Just seems a bit harsh to criticise the club if we got as far as it sounds we did with Bachmann and we've had a back up keeper for a few weeks who has played in the bounce games and knows how we play. That sounds pretty organised to me. 

If Bachmann isn't signing then I don't care how far we got. We don't have him and will start the season with someone who was signed to be a back up.

1 minute ago, Souleycouley93 said:

2 million for Findlay minimum. No chance he’s going to Oxford 

He has one year left on his deal, if a serious offer came in we would have to consider it.

I would have sat down with him ages ago to get an idea if we can agree a contract extension, unfortunately according to Findlay no offer has been forthcoming.