Transfer July open

Craigieboy

10 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

We should offer him the captaincy and a year extension. He if stays fit could command a huge fee I think he’s twice the player McKenna and Souttar are and they are asking mental money.

If your giving him the armband then we need a longer contract than a year, all your doing is kicking the can down the road.

The club needs to be run properly and have a selection of key players tied down long term.

6 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

We should offer him the captaincy and a year extension. He if stays fit could command a huge fee I think he’s twice the player McKenna and Souttar are and they are asking mental money.

I would agree with your estimation of his playing ability, but I don't think he is mature enough to be captain. We could offer him an extension of his contract but I would be surprised if we haven't already done that and there's been no sign of an extended deal. 

1 minute ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

If your giving him the armband then we need a longer contract than a year, all your doing is kicking the can down the road.

The club needs to be run properly and have a selection of key players tied down long term.

The reality is good players will never sign a long term contract with Kilmarnock.

Very disappointing.  I can't help but feel we've maybe put all our eggs in one basket here, in the same way as was supposedly done with Mulumbu and Bachmann last summer.

Hope Rogers signs and does well, but he hasn't had a consistent run in a first team for three years and we're needing him to really hit the ground running now.

Just now, Estragon said:

Very disappointing.  I can't help but feel we've maybe put all our eggs in one basket here, in the same way as was supposedly done with Mulumbu and Bachmann last summer.

Hope Rogers signs and does well, but he hasn't had a consistent run in a first team for three years and we're needing him to really hit the ground running now.

Cannot believe we've no other viable options being considered unless we really have been shafted by Bachman/ Watford and they reinaged on an agreement. 

Bachman surely always going to have better offers available if moving.

Pity it did not get completed, like all potential deals there is other factors which may change right up to the last minute......seems Watford following relegation are in crisis mode and are putting everything on hold ....the later start to the next English season And longer transfer window  not helping , as they have time to consider their own recruitment based on playing in a lower league before letting players leave

can see us trying to get another loan keeper deal done to compete with Rogers, though might not be by weekend 

Edited by Scouser2