Transfer July open

Craigieboy

34 minutes ago, Bobby Street Roll said:

Wouldn’t want a goalie on loan from Celtic - probably not allowed cup games as well as not playing against them so a lot of chopping and changing 

Why wouldn’t he be able to play in cup games? Other players on loan from Scottish clubs have been in the past. 

if Bain was an option we should go for it. Doubt it’ll happen though. 

Bain is a similar standard to Rodgers in my opinion. How he ever got a move to Celtic is mind blowing.

Bound to be better goalkeepers out there. Wouldve taken Cerny from Aberdeen but think he signed a new deal not long ago. Think we'd have got him if we offered the number 1 jersey.

12 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Bain is a similar standard to Rodgers in my opinion. How he ever got a move to Celtic is mind blowing.

Bound to be better goalkeepers out there. Wouldve taken Cerny from Aberdeen but think he signed a new deal not long ago. Think we'd have got him if we offered the number 1 jersey.

Brain gives the impression he would rather sit on the bench for celtic than play for someone else.  Not an attitude I'd imagine woumd fit with AD or any of the senior players for that matter.

12 minutes ago, red_dug said:

He was outstanding at Dundee before he fell out with McCann.

14 hours ago, Bbk said:

Our club has always been known for having good quality goalies ( though maybe last seasons duo were at the opposite end of the scale) and hopefully Danny Roger's can also be good quality I wish him well and although a certain Cammy Bell left a sour taste with us by departing for sevco none of us who were at hampden for the league cup final will forget we witnessed one of the outstanding displays by any of our long list of good ones.

Chad Harpur, Dubourdieu, Samson, Meldrum etc. we've had some utter dross over the years to be fair.

27 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Bain is pish.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Chad Harpur, Dubourdieu, Samson, Meldrum etc. we've had some utter dross over the years to be fair.

Samson wasn’t as dreadful as some make him out to be I remember that game at Hibs we had to win to stay out the playoffs and Samson made saves he had no right to make 

1 hour ago, Cheviotstag said:

Bain has done well at Celtic but I suspect his wage requirement would be out our reach and Celtic would prob be looking for a fee if he wasn’t in their plans but still under contract 

I don't think he has done well at all. He had the chance to be number 1 but didn't take it and they brought in Forster to help them win the league.
Agree that he seems content to sit on the bench and pick up medals and big wages. Very lucky guy as he's not that great.

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Would anyone consider a move for Scott Bain? Celtic close to signing a Greek keeper. Still being heavily linked with Joe Hart. Don’t think Bain will want to stay there as second or third choice. 

He's pretty much always been second or third choice at Celtic and I doubt he will ever improve on that.
As one poster said that is similar to Rogers who has pretty much always been second or third choice at Aberdeen.

Bain is rubbish. He was rubbish before he went to Celtic and he got a big move out of circumstance. He's done well at Celtic because he doesn't have much to do, a move away from Celtic would just expose the fact that he's not very good. Not surprised he's happy to be a backup at Parkhead.

2 minutes ago, killieblues said:

Was it Chad Harpur that then went to Rangers from us as a back up goalie, and played a blinder against us?

God no. Chad was the goalie who played in the Gretna debacle.

Graeme Smith?

Edited by Fletch

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

Wouldve taken Cerny from Aberdeen but think he signed a new deal not long ago. Think we'd have got him if we offered the number 1 jersey.

Not necessarily if, as reported on here, he’s got a job as a PE instructor up there. 

Edited by skygod

30 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Craig Samson wasn't spectacular but he was nowhere near as bad as folk make out.

Guys a Killie fan and took a lot of criticism, the majority of it unfair.

The goalkeeping Rory Mackenzie. 

Guy tried hard but he wasn't good enough. Anything low was a guaranteed goal and I never saw us lose so many goals down the middle as when we had Samson. Comparing him to Rory is harsh as Rory has contributed a lot more over a sustained period of time.