Transfer July open

Craigieboy

9 minutes ago, Monk said:

Can’t see that being a massive surprise to them though. Surely he’s discussed it.

Yeah but if they'd finished 17th they may have had a replacement lined up that they won't be going for now and Bachmann will be the back up.

2 hours ago, historyman said:

He's pretty much always been second or third choice at Celtic and I doubt he will ever improve on that.
As one poster said that is similar to Rogers who has pretty much always been second or third choice at Aberdeen.

Bachmann has been 3rd choice at Watford and woodman was at newcastle, similar levels to celtic and none of us had heard of them before they came to RP or knew their level or quality, not saying Bain is better but I think he's probably similar. I do agree that Bain has given the impression he's happy to sit on the bench or reserves at celtic rather than go out and play somewhere which isn't inspiring. Maybe that'll change now celtic are bringing in a new keeper.  Would rather have Batman over Bain but Bain would be a solid signing for us. 

Edited by Andyt1965

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Chad Harpur, Dubourdieu, Samson, Meldrum etc. we've had some utter dross over the years to be fair.

Jesus. Had forgotten about Chad Harpur, sure he was in goals the night Gretna pumped us at Motherwell.

Nice guy, Mr Community but murder keeper. Tbf he was about 5' 6"

2 hours ago, kmck18 said:

Samson wasn’t as dreadful as some make him out to be I remember that game at Hibs we had to win to stay out the playoffs and Samson made saves he had no right to make 

Shame he cost us umpteen soft goals that season that led to us being in that position.

Nice guy, Killie fan but not a good goalie.

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He was howling too.

He was almost signed last year as back up to Branescu. Koprivec became available at a similar time and Alessio went with him as he had an international cap and spoke Italian.

Robinson wouldn't have been the worst #2 GK we've had over the years.

Edited by dumpweed

45 minutes ago, bigkillieman said:

Jesus. Had forgotten about Chad Harpur, sure he was in goals the night Gretna pumped us at Motherwell.

Nice guy, Mr Community but murder keeper. Tbf he was about 5' 6"

A sporting director at La Manga these days. 

Has been at least one notable setback recently but overall (on paper at least ) been a decent recruitment window , so far ......hopefully adding to with a couple of decent loan deals over next few weeks to improve quality in squad 

Whether or not we then see better results this season with this squad we will soon found out over next month or so , at the moment it does look more hopeful ....

2 hours ago, muza1962 said:

You must have missed Hamish McAlpine scoring against Barry with a kick out, one bounce and over his head. I have never seen it happen again.

He was Dundee Utds penalty taker at one point, scoring against Hibs, then missed one against Rangers the following week.....