Transfer July open

Craigieboy

6 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Aye and run into dead ends or put a cross ball in nowhere near his team mates.

Bags of pace and that was it 

People on here with short memories. 

As soon as he signed that PCA his performance and attitude were honking.  

Apart from the goal against his future employer. 

A petulant arrogant wee Hun wank. 

Nothing like holding a childish grudge.

He is a talented player who would 100% improve our team

Funny watching people bitterly reappraise Jones. He was brilliant for us. 

I get it though, stinking attitude at the end. 

Only thing that would make me think about having him back is that he was a stupid laddie who has, by all accounts, had his wings clipped a bit by Gerrard giving him bollickings and that squad making absolutely clear he wasn't up to it. 

Could see him come in to restart his career with a better attitude. Don't think any of it was out of badness, just stupidity and youth. 

Can't see many teams wanting to pay money for him after his spell there. Who knows. 

2 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Funny watching people bitterly reappraise Jones. He was brilliant for us. 

I get it though, stinking attitude at the end. 

Only thing that would make me think about having him back is that he was a stupid laddie who has, by all accounts, had his wings clipped a bit by Gerrard giving him bollickings and that squad making absolutely clear he wasn't up to it. 

Could see him come in to restart his career with a better attitude. Don't think any of it was out of badness, just stupidity and youth. 

Can't see many teams wanting to pay money for him after his spell there. Who knows. 

That was what he done the first time, when he came to us after being released from his actual boyhood club. 

He will never learn. 

I know there aren't many morals left in football these days but I would like to think this would be one we would pass on. 

Definitely a good player and would improve us but not worth it in my opinion. It was a real kick in the face when he started all his WATP pish whilst still being paid by us. 

What's that saying about karma........? 

Now that we've signed another goalie I must admit I'm absolutely delighted with how this window has gone. Credit where its due to Dyer and Fowler, the circumstances haven't been easy whatsoever and I'm sure the budget will have been cut, but on paper they've put a decent squad together. If we sign one or two more for a bit of competition, particularly at centre half, I'll be over the moon. 

44 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Don't think any of it was out of badness, just stupidity and youth. 

Stupidity definitely, but he’s 25 now.

We took him on despite his having a conviction and turned him into somebody. Yet he persists in acting like an idiot, driving dangerously in his “See me” Range Rover, for example. 

You can take a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. He had dream-fulfilling opportunities but he couldn’t take them. 

I wouldn’t consider taking him back, not because of what he’s done but because of what he’s likely to do. 

1 hour ago, Twonky65 said:

Nothing like holding a childish grudge.

He is a talented player who would 100% improve our team

Oh we’re good at that. We can hold one against Andy Millen for the best part of 30 years. Childish doesn’t do it justice.

There were some nasty comments on here about Mulumbu when he went to Tic but he came back and did us another good turn.  

Edited by historyman

19 minutes ago, skygod said:

Stupidity definitely, but he’s 25 now.

We took him on despite his having a conviction and turned him into somebody. Yet he persists in acting like an idiot, driving dangerously in his “See me” Range Rover, for example. 

You can take a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. He had dream-fulfilling opportunities but he couldn’t take them. 

I wouldn’t consider taking him back, not because of what he’s done but because of what he’s likely to do. 

Yeah, that's fair

The frustrating thing with players like that is that the tend to settle down at some point, wind their necks in and become good players for someone. All about timing in getting someone at that stage. 

I'd take stewart back as he can win games on his own and was great to watch. Clarke always said it was the deal that stank rather than the player when he went to the dons, willing to give him benefit of the doubt on that.

With regards to Jones, if he had given his all for us those last 6 months and left with dignity then i'd have taken him back but he's burned his bridges downing tools and with the watp pish. He can get tae.

4 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

We have a pretty good squad now in all positions. Over to you Alex!

We have a squad which is short on quality but, if they can be moulded into a unit, they can hold their own. 

So it's very much over to Alex, and Andy. They hold the key to our performance this season more than individual players, I reckon.