Transfer July open

Craigieboy

5 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Sign someone with pace up front .I hate to say it but Jones fits the bill 

Watching how Boyle's presence caused a bit of panic in our defence Thats what I thought. Add more pace to the side. It’s a great out ball to get us up the park and can force rash errors like Eastwood made yesterday,

On 7/31/2020 at 6:53 PM, Ngonge88 said:

Screenshot_20200731-185115_Instagram.jpg.767ed9ecd37f17ad68ff8374b0155d56.jpg

Mulumbu With a strange comment. Obviously a bit skint and wanting mr Bowie to fund him again

He’s what we need. A player that can split a defence wide open with one pass. Add him and I would suggest  top 6 Finnish no problem 

7 hours ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Lets see Pinnock before we sign a rat. 

we have needed pace since JJ left, we have no effective out ball. lumping it Kebamba isnt working. JJ gave us a terrific out, teams worried about it and doubled up leaving space. as we have signed him i really hope he is the winger we need. would it be greedy to want him and JJ in the same team? 

currently we lack a specific threat to any team we play, we are steady and half decent. but we dont pose enough problems to the opposition to keep them on the back foot. i doubt they spend too much time dissecting our attacking play, but more time exploiting our weaknesess

9 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Sign someone with pace up front .I hate to say it but Jones fits the bill 

Agreed , those that want Stewart to come back yet don’t want the “ rat “ to come back ? 
Both chased the money knowing full well they wouldn’t be 1st choice IMO. 

Jones only fault was to pander to the Ibrox dafties. 

15 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Agreed , those that want Stewart to come back yet don’t want the “ rat “ to come back ? 

Stewart created more chances and scored more goals in his 6 months than jones did in two years. In fact Jones assist record is terrible for a winger.

1 minute ago, Bigdaw said:

Stewart created more chances and scored more goals in his 6 months than jones did in two years. In fact Jones assist record is terrible for a winger.

Surely a no brainier if we had the choice between Stewart and Jones, Stewart every time. Has the killer pass and more goal scoring potential.

The Mulumbu option is an interesting one. Would we take him if he was interested? Completely understandable that he wanted to sit tight in January if there was a financially beneficial clause in his Celtic contact but if he is kicking his heels and his wage demands are realistic.......

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

Another difference was  we had a loan of Stewart for a few months  and he was never our player.  Jones was rescued from the building site by us, and he repaid us with the behaviour of an absolute walloper.

50 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Agreed but what he did do was break with pase and we would end up with a free kick or a throw-in in the final 3rd or a corner which we would create chances from. 

1 hour ago, Bigdaw said:

Drew countless free kicks and bookings though .Think wee scored from a few of them and managed to score against both the infirm 

4 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Drew countless free kicks and bookings though .Think wee scored from a few of them and managed to score against both the infirm 

No comparison if you include dives and free kicks won. LOL ! ............But Stewart has more creativity and skill  than Jones. 

1 hour ago, Bigdaw said:

Jones’ assist record is terrible for a winger? 

Jones’ play directly or indirectly led to us getting goals. Won us free kicks/pens.

Jones is better than McKenzie and would improve us, let’s not be silly. Aye, he’s a fud. Doesn’t mean he’s all of a sudden a terrible football player. 

What did you do when he scored against rangers? Did you boo? Did you sit down and cry? Did you wish Rory was playing instead? 

4 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Jones’ play directly or indirectly led to us getting goals. Won us free kicks/pens.

Jones is better than McKenzie and would improve us, let’s not be silly. Aye, he’s a fud. Doesn’t mean he’s all of a sudden a terrible football player. 

What did you do when he scored against rangers? Did you boo? Did you sit down and cry? Did you wish Rory was playing instead? 

8 assists in in 97 games  ......11 goals..........poor stats. In the last 3 months with us he was an empty shirt.

When he did something good i would scream with joy , while calling him a w****r.  

12 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

8 assists in in 97 games  ......11 goals..........poor stats. In the last 3 months with us he was an empty shirt.

When he did something good i would scream with joy , while calling him a w****r.  

He hardly played in the last 3 months. 

How many goals and assists does Rory have? In his whole career.....

29 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Jones is better than McKenzie and would improve us, let’s not be silly. 

Agree with all of this. 

Still don't think I'd want him back near the club, but I think that's a decision from the heart and not the head. 

1 hour ago, Deano said:

Agreed but what he did do was break with pase and we would end up with a free kick or a throw-in in the final 3rd or a corner which we would create chances from. 

This is one the biggest thing that Jones did for us, and did better than most other players outside the top six. 

Someone at the time drew the analogy with what they do in hockey where they credit the assist before the assist - Jones did a lot of that.

By which I mean he'd get to the byline, fluff the cross, but it would go to someone who would flick it in and get an assist. Crucial part being that he got us to the byline and allowed for bodies in the box and got the oppositiondefence out of shape leaving gaps. 

That's what we don't get with anyone other than Burke in the current squad. 

It's also why we all rightly predicted that he wouldn't work at Rangers, because they need more than just getting up the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Agree with all of this. 

Still don't think I'd want him back near the club, but I think that's a decision from the heart and not the head. 

I still hate him but there won’t be many better players available on our budget. Obviously I’d prefer Stewart as his departure was nothing like jones’.