Transfer July open

Craigieboy

14 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Mulumbu is the new Bob Harris. 

Guy wants a fortune to come back and hasn’t played in a year. 

Going by a Tweet I seen from him telling a fan to 'Talk to Mr Bowie' when he was asked if he would come back to Killie, my guess is he was offered something he felt wasn't close to his worth. Or no offer has come at all

26 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Going by a Tweet I seen from him telling a fan to 'Talk to Mr Bowie' when he was asked if he would come back to Killie, my guess is he was offered something he felt wasn't close to his worth. Or no offer has come at all

When he was with us he wanted 5K a week to sign permanently.  Financial suicide if we signed him on that back in the day a couple of years ago. Personally I think the club can confidently move on and hopefully find someone else.

33 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

When he was with us he wanted 5K a week to sign permanently.  Financial suicide if we signed him on that back in the day a couple of years ago. Personally I think the club can confidently move on and hopefully find someone else.

Think 5k a week for someone of that ability is very reasonable. I’m sure he was on more than that at Celtic and other teams were willing to pay more. Whether we could or would want to pay that or whether it would be financial suicide is a different matter. If the extra gate monies, merchandise, tv money and prize money would be well about the 250k a year of his salary then maybe not suicide after all. Not saying all down to lack of mulumbu ( it’s not) but say we are down 1500 season tickets from high point last year. That’s around 500k already. Not sure how sales of new strip and other merchandise compares to year ago but these are usually proportionate to season tickets sold. Difference between finishing 3rd versus 8th is large too. Typically you’d get more tv money as club challenging at top versus mid table. All in all having a special player that would excite the fan base and make the difference on the park maybe worth more than 5k a week. If there exceptional and help all players get more through bonuses etc maybe they would except the disparity in wages. Not sure Gary Holt was straight round to Williamson door when we signed durrant asking for same wage. Players would have respected the difference and embraced the opportunity to learn and benefit financially. There may be room for one or two special players at killie. But it wouldn’t be mulumbu for me now.

7 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Seeing talk that we are interested in Doyle from Hearts. I know we need a keeper, but he looked rank rotten

I’ve heard from a very good source we are trying to sign him. I really hope not. He makes Rodgers look like Buffon. The guy is absolutely hopeless. Would be a truly dreadful signing. No idea what Fowler and Dyer are thinking of if this is true.

15 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

I’ve heard from a very good source we are trying to sign him. I really hope not. He makes Rodgers look like Buffon. The guy is absolutely hopeless. Would be a truly dreadful signing. No idea what Fowler and Dyer are thinking of if this is true.

Would be much better back up option than Lyle to be fair.

Still we should look to some fred agents. Couple of free internationals that could make us a few extra bob for call ups. Hladky available too 

Re Mulumbu - he has burned his bridges as far as I’m concerned. Was a great player for us but the fact that he would rather sit on his arse for a year and a bit waiting for a big contract that’s never going to come instead of accepting a very decent contract offer from us, the team that helped him rebuild his career, tells you all you need to know. 

He can enjoy playing in the french 3rd division or wherever he eventually ends up before he retires. 

Edited by Killieboykfc

Hearts fans are delighted to be rid of Doyle. He is experienced and has a decent CV on paper but he’s been rancid there.

Lyle is 21 in a few weeks, young for a keeper but it’s not like he’s a 16 year old kid. Surely if there is any aspiration for him to make it in professional football he’s capable of being back up for next couple of months ?