Transfer July open

Craigieboy

Folk who think that Stewart is the answer to our problems may be underestimating just how much of an influence Clarke had on his performances at us. 

I loved him but I feel like he might not be as effective under Dyer whereas Mulumbu is a genuinely quality player. 

I’d rather have Mulumbu if it was a choice between the two (which it’s not). 

Just now, Killieboykfc said:

Folk who think that Stewart is the answer to our problems may be underestimating just how much of an influence Clarke had on his performances at us. 

I loved him but I feel like he might not be as effective under Dyer whereas Mulumbu is a genuinely quality player. 

I’d rather have Mulumbu if it was a choice between the two (which it’s not). 

Dyer will be lucky to be here long enough to manage either the way we are going. 

Just now, Souleycouley93 said:

How would we be better with Stewart and Kabamba? Brophy and Stewart were sensational together. Can’t think of a better pairing in the last ten years. 

I didn’t say that we’d be better with Stewart and kabamba than Stewart and brophy. If the choice was Stewart or brophy it’s a no brainier though. The wolfs resale value going down every week. If we could use a sale  of brophy to fund a signing like Stewart we should press that button. No chance the wolf will extend his stay with us. Time to cash in for the overall benefit to the team.

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I didn’t say that we’d be better with Stewart and kabamba than Stewart and brophy. If the choice was Stewart or brophy it’s a no brainier though. The wolfs resale value going down every week. If we could use a sale  of brophy to fund a signing like Stewart we should press that button. No chance the wolf will extend his stay with us. Time to cash in for the overall benefit to the team.

My mistake I had read it wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

If kilmarnock re-sign creative midfielder  Mulumbu and striker  Stewart than kilmarnock look sign left winger or attack midfielder 

Put it on your Santa list craigie.....we never got to see jj, mulumbu and Stewart in the same team.....we may just have split the old firm if we had of.

5 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Put it on your Santa list craigie.....we never got to see jj, mulumbu and Stewart in the same team.....we may just have split the old firm if we had of.

Which is why the old firm signed the three of them with no intention of any of them getting a regular game. This is the distortion that has destroyed Scottish football.

Stewart improves the squad. IMO he’s better than anything we have at the moment.

Its worth remembering that he was allowed to do what he did because of the solid foundation we had in the team built over the previous season. We don’t have that at the moment. The defence is leaking goals and the midfield is nowhere near as dominant as it was when he was last here. Would he need all that in place to be a success again?

In terms of bringing him back. If there was a loan deal that was on good terms then I’d be up for it. I’m not wishing us to go and break the bank to get him though. Good player for us in the past but not worth the crazy money some are talking about spending. 

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Stewart improves the squad. IMO he’s better than anything we have at the moment.

Its worth remembering that he was allowed to do what he did because of the solid foundation we had in the team built over the previous season. We don’t have that at the moment. The defence is leaking goals and the midfield is nowhere near as dominant as it was when he was last here. Would he need all that in place to be a success again?

In terms of bringing him back. If there was a loan deal that was on good terms then I’d be up for it. I’m not wishing us to go and break the bank to get him though. Good player for us in the past but not worth the crazy money some are talking about spending. 

I hear you but how do you measure the value of a guy like Stewart? We would instantly improve us I think most would agree. Would he be worth 1k, 2k, 5 k a week? Depends what the extra gate monies are, our league position is at end of year etc. All speculative stuff so hard to do business case. The simple fact is for me is that at the moment it’s more about hope than expectation with killie. Guys with the quality of Stewart create expectation. I miss expectation. And believe there quite often few others that would respond to more expectation. My gut tells me he’d pay for himself.

The new rule allowing clubs to use 5 subs in a game , having 9 on the bench.....along with the tight fixture schedule this season will mean chances of getting a player like Stewart on loan are minimal ...some clubs will want to keep a bigger squad than usual and he has been on the bench for most games this season so far.......

better chance of getting another loan player from down south 

3 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

The new rule allowing clubs to use 5 subs in a game , having 9 on the bench.....along with the tight fixture schedule this season will mean chances of getting a player like Stewart on loan are minimal ...some clubs will want to keep a bigger squad than usual and he has been on the bench for most games this season so far.......

better chance of getting another loan player from down south 

Personal opinion is once Rangers get a clearer view of how the league is playing out and how many players have suitors for permanent deals they will start looking at loans. If the likes of Jones, Stewart, Murphy and others are still there but not going to play then it could be extremely beneficial for them to be at a Killie, Motherwell, St Johnstone. The stronger we are the more damage we can do to Celtic and we have to change our squad for games against Sevco

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Stewart will be on good money at rangers. He will play 5 times this season if he’s lucky. 

A loan to us He gets a period of playing with a team who will build round him. Put himself in the window for the inevitable punting he will get next summer.

We could pay him 3k a week link him and Brophy up again. Have Kabamba as back up. Power Dicker Tish Burke McKenzie in midfield. Tighten up in defence and we look dangerous again. 

3k a week x 35 weeks of season remaining be about 105k. What a difference he could potentially make. 

How do you know we could pay him 3k a week?

12 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Messi will join English Premier League club Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Newcastle Utd (Saudi new business) and Arsenal

Ah come on Craig. Were 100% the right club for messi. 

How can you not like the smell of freshly brushed plastic grass.

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire