Transfer July open

Craigieboy

2 minutes ago, plunkit said:

Bryson and cash for Brophy I hear. Maybe that cash can help bring someone in.

From the same Aberdeen that aren't paying Jonny Hayes anything and had to put off the permanent McCrorie deal until next summer? The same Aberdeen whose manager said "we're not able to make any more signings"?

Unless they're selling McKenna and/or Cosgrove then I'd be shocked to see them pay money for anyone.

13 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

From the same Aberdeen that aren't paying Jonny Hayes anything and had to put off the permanent McCrorie deal until next summer? The same Aberdeen whose manager said "we're not able to make any more signings"?

Unless they're selling McKenna and/or Cosgrove then I'd be shocked to see them pay money for anyone.

What was happening was they were intending to sell Sam Cosgrove and buy Brophy as replacement for him. Cosgrove got injured., tension with Brophy and Dyer exists.

5 minutes ago, eagle10g1 said:

What was happening was they were intending to sell Sam Cosgrove and buy Brophy as replacement for him. Cosgrove got injured., tension with Brophy and Dyer exists.

If that was the plan, I'm not sure it's a very good one. Sell Cosgrove for £2million and then pay Killie half of that (at least) for Brophy? 

Even if tension is between the two, then they can still work together. If McInnes and Taylor can...

4 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I'm afraid we will be lucky to get 500k for Brophy. Then there is Hamilton's share.

Brophy is without doubt our best striker. But is becoming injury prone, his form is very up and down. He also has just 1 year left in his contract.

Is it worth taking half a million? Probably imo 

If we accept that for Brophy then Bowie has serious questions to answer. 

Motherwell got £1.5m for James Scott, Livi got £2m for Dykes and Ross County say they want similar for Ross Stewart. Brophy is an international with a better scoring record than any of them. £1million should be the absolute base starting point.

1 hour ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Got told at the weekend that McCrorie was at Aberdeen as part of an agreement that will see Ferguson go to Rangers next summer

Brophy is in the last year of his contract so no one is going to pay the same sort of money for him as for the others you mentioned and his form since Christmas hasn't exactly been stellar.

He may well be the best striker we have at the club but his recent performances and lack of goals aren't likely to entice anyone to pay a lot of money for him.

Edited by killiebythesea

15 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

If we accept that for Brophy then Bowie has serious questions to answer. 

Motherwell got £1.5m for James Scott, Livi got £2m for Dykes and Ross County say they want similar for Ross Stewart. Brophy is an international with a better scoring record than any of them. £1million should be the absolute base starting point.

Dont know much about Scott.

Dykes had at least a couple of years left on his contract.

Currently Ross Stewart is a more influential player than Brophy is.

I'm not doubting Brophys ability. But he has a year left and can sign for free in january

If Aberdeen wanted Brophy and were willing to part with players plus cash to get him then IMO they’d have done it by now. Instead they are onto their second loan signing for that position to cover injuries and don’t seem to be actively looking to push players out or get more in.