Transfer July open

Craigieboy

2 hours ago, killie1961 said:

Agreed dodged a bullet resigning unfortunatley injury prone

We could have that about Burke (probably did) when we took him from Ross County.

Injuries happen, he could easily have signed for us and stayed injury free.

(Just beat me to it KilliePies!)

Edited by MrTumnus

1 hour ago, CB said:

I don't think he likes our pitch, Craig. I don't think he'd come

He's not a fan of the pitch however he would come "home" in a heartbeat.

Personally I can only see him joining us if Dicker all of a sudden wanted to go home. I don't envisage that will happen so another club along the central belt would be my guess.

14 minutes ago, Sam said:

Is there a rule that you can only field a certain number of players that have returned to a club, after previously playing for that club?

Asking for a friend. 

Bryson would love to play for killie. Heart and head aligned. But he 6 months late - although never got an offer. He could have been our marquee signing. But wasn’t. I thought he was the difference last year but not seen anything with aberdeen to suggest could improve. Play for nothing with bonus maybe. But expect to see him in stmirren, motherwell or Ayr shirt.

Would make an excellent signing and great addition to the squad making players look over their shoulders to keep their position in the team, as previously stated Burke was all but written off as was Gardyne now first name on the Ross County team sheet...long season ahead, one of our weaknesses has been lack of quality in a small squad....if he wants to come home he should be made more than welcome..

If it’s about playing football for him now and not money then I’d be happy to have him back if he wanted to play for a minimal wage or pay as you play deal. If he was clear of injuries he could be a good asset  but as mentioned previously it’s an area we are well covered in at the moment 

question:  If fit is he better then what we have...

Answer: Yes, better then Tish, Dicker, Taylor,  Without a doubt.

So the real question is,  can we get and keep him fit, does his wage fit in our budget but also is it short term gain at the disadvantage of longer term pain, as we could ruin Tish new found confidence or Taylor having any opportunity at all.

Is it worth it....

Imo as an earlier poster said  unless our capitan is heading home or we suddenly has a space then its not .