Transfer July open

Craigieboy

53 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

question:  If fit is he better then what we have...

Answer: Yes, better then Tish, Dicker, Taylor,  Without a doubt.

So the real question is,  can we get and keep him fit, does his wage fit in our budget but also is it short term gain at the disadvantage of longer term pain, as we could ruin Tish new found confidence or Taylor having any opportunity at all.

Is it worth it....

Imo as an earlier poster said  unless our capitan is heading home or we suddenly has a space then its not .

Agree on balance given who we have signed and that if any budget left surely not the best use of it.

But.... surely worth a conversation and maybe a pay as you play arrangement. He’ll be looking for regular game time and there will be plenty of teams within travelling distance that will give him that. 

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

So the real question is,  can we get and keep him fit, does his wage fit in our budget but also is it short term gain at the disadvantage of longer term pain, as we could ruin Tish new found confidence or Taylor having any opportunity at all.

Is it worth it....

Imo as an earlier poster said  unless our capitan is heading home or we suddenly has a space then its not .

I feel Power is becoming immune to criticism. 

Power is fantastic but he hasnt been the same since Clarke left. Still one of our better performers, but didnt say a huge amount in that side.

A peak Craig Bryson is without doubt better than peak Power imo.

Problem is without doubt fitness.

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Is it worth it....

I would be surprised if he offered us more than Tish has this season. 

29 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Power is fantastic but he hasnt been the same since Clarke left. Still one of our better performers, but didnt say a huge amount in that side.

Power and Bryson are different players, in fact the closest we have to Bryson is Tish.  We don't really have a box to box midfielder who can tackle.pass, shoot and score goals.

But fitness is the issue and formation also, how does he fit into our system?

31 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Bryson is never going to recapture his peak of six or seven years ago so it’s a moot comparison. 

It’s hard to see him offering more now than Power or, on his form so far, Tshibola. 

ATM would far have Power in our team than Bryson, it is sad to see but Bryson has struggled with number of injuries over past year and with what limited budget remains we need to find better quality for our weak areas not adding yet another central midfield player Into the squad.

a year ago resigning Bryson would been a decent move even if he was happy/ able to play on our pitch and accept a salary drop...But now we have brought in Tish and Mulumbu there are other areas we need to improve if able to 

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

Bryson reached his peak at Derby and maintained it for a couple of seasons. 

That level though has diminished due to age and injuries. 

Given his and our current situations it's a no from me .

26 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Would Bryson perhaps be the number 10/Greg Stewart type player we could benefit from having? He played further forward at Derby than he ever did for us

No. He has never been that type of player. He was a box to box midfielder who scored the odd goal by bursting a gut to get ahead into free space and who offered loads tracking back. He isn't that player anymore and hasn't looked up to pace anytime I've seen him.

Bryson when we first had him was a better player than anyone we have currently. Now he isn't. 

The people saying he's better than Tish baffles me. Tish has been our best player by a distance. Covers so much ground with ease. Controls the tempo well. Shifts the ball to open space on the opposite flank well. Does a good destructive and pressing job too. Replacing Tish with Bryson would be insane.

Just now, livvy said:

No. He has never been that type of player. He was a box to box midfielder who scored the odd goal by bursting a gut to get ahead into free space and who offered loads tracking back. He isn't that player anymore and hasn't looked up to pace anytime I've seen him.

Bryson when we first had him was a better player than anyone we have currently. Now he isn't. 

The people saying he's better than Tish baffles me. Tish has been our best player by a distance. Covers so much ground with ease. Controls the tempo well. Shifts the ball to open space on the opposite flank well. Does a good destructive and pressing job too. Replacing Tish with Bryson would be insane.

Chris Burke at Birmingham would have been our best player. Chris Burke at ross county would have struggled to make our bench. 

Some players suit certain clubs. Or shall I say, decent players get wasted at aberdeen

Just now, Ngonge88 said:

Chris Burke at Birmingham would have been our best player. Chris Burke at ross county would have struggled to make our bench. 

Some players suit certain clubs. Or shall I say, decent players get wasted at aberdeen

Burke at Ross County was suffering from a debilitating virus. Most on here were a little surprised when Clarke gave him a second year as he was a bit part player for us in his first season as he was still getting himself one hundred percent over it. 

Bryson has had injuries at Aberdeen but anyone watching him can see he's a shadow of his former self. His legs have gone and he hasn't adapted to that. He's now had two or three years of injuries which coming up on 34 is hard to come back from. He's also playing in a position that's probably most difficult to adapt into as an older player on the pitch as it involves covering the most ground.

Bryson was great for us and we all have a soft spot for him. I think a second coming now would taint that a little. Especially with our current set up and personnel. 

If Bryson, Stewart and Gardyne to re-sign Kilmarnock than good signings

Bryson will partner Power, Tishibola partner Mulumbu of midfielder to strong midfielder, Kilmarnock try look striker and winger or attack midfielder. Stewart will great with Brophy last two season year. Attack midfielder or Winger to Gardyne help striker lots of goals. trio new signings will help them six top season to this season

2 hours ago, livvy said:

I'm guessing you didn't watch him at Derby?

Aberdeen have acted with a "heavy heart" in cancelling Craig Bryson's contract, says manager Derek McInnes.

The 33-year-old former Scotland midfielder departs after 14 just appearances for the Scottish Premiership club.

Bryson has been blighted by injury since arriving on a two-year deal from Derby County in July last year.

"This is through no lack of effort on Craig's part, and we wish him well in his next move," added McInnes.

28 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Bryson was honking for Aberdeen. Sadly I think he's finished 

Burke was honking for Ross County. Sadly I think he's finished.

Every signing is a risk. He would undoubtably add skill to our squad. The only person I would see him replacing is McKenzie and I would prefer Rory. I don't think he would want to come as a squad player and I don't think we would pay a high wage for a squad addition.

But I do think he's far from finished.

With the longer transfer deadline this summer and our league already well under way ....do wonder how many clubs in our league are still actively looking at making that many more signings .......will certainly be a very different last few days /hours of the window this year in Scotland......Not the same mad rush to get deals done ....Though some for us hardly merited the rush to get them signed in time....from memory last summer wasn’t it St Clair and Sow signed on that last day? 

Reported tonight that Lee Erwin is moving to St Mirren