Transfer July open

Craigieboy

I’m sure we’d all like another player or two depending on personal opinions about positions but it’s brilliant after the last two windows not to be sitting desperate for something to happen. We were a little slow to start IMO but we have had a decent window and come out in a far better position than we went in

5 hours ago, piffer said:

I’m sure we’d all like another player or two depending on personal opinions about positions but it’s brilliant after the last two windows not to be sitting desperate for something to happen. We were a little slow to start IMO but we have had a decent window and come out in a far better position than we went in

The only signing from this window who has performed consistently well is Tish. 

I'm not sure that we can say whether or not it has been a good window. The jury is still out on Pinnock, Haunstrup, McGowan, Rossi, Dikimona, Whitehall, Mulumbu and Rodgers, with several of them looking like squad players at best. 

Edited by Angelo's Ashes

4 hours ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

The only signing from this window who has performed consistently well is Tish. 

I'm not sure that we can say whether or not it has been a good window. The jury is still out on Pinnock, Haunstrup, McGowan, Rossi, Dikimona, Whitehall, Mulumbu and Rodgers, with several of them looking like squad players at best. 

Worth pointing out that it is good that we have the squad players though - a stark contrast to last season.

Time will tell, but I think we've played this quite well. Having a pretty strong first eleven and enough backup could take you a long way. 

St Mirren have absolutely nothing at all in reserve, for example. One defensive injury and they are playing a midfielder. 

With the window shut, I think the league position is right and we have the fifth best squad. Although Dundee Uniteds signings were good yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Worth pointing out that it is good that we have the squad players though - a stark contrast to last season.

Agree with this. We had next to nothing off the bench last season. The options are there now. It’s up to the staff and players to ensure we can make the most of it.

Just a Pity was no near midnight reveal of likes of an Osman Sow signing.......

but seriously overall considering the current circumstances and reduced income levels we have what seems a decent squad , many of the newer signings still to be given a run of games and hopefully in time most will have a positive impact....

the signing of Mulumbu probably reduced the chances any other option to bring in any other player unless somebody was sold.....which despite the few rumours never happened ...

but hopefully somehow there is still funds to now get new contracts sorted for likes of Findlay and a few others