Transfer July open

Craigieboy

22 minutes ago, historyman said:

If it’s going to happen then why not in time for Hibs? What’s stopping it? 

id imagine a massive pow wow at Watford to look at budgets, players who will definitely leave,  those likely to leave,  what they want going forward as a basic skeleton for their new coach.

Id expect Deeney, Wellbeck, Gomes,  to leave as a starter.   Foster is 37 and his contract is up  will he stay in the championship or look for one last hurrah in the EPL. 

If the former then we will likely get Bachman, if not then for me its touch and go.  We may get him only to have his loan cancelled by the new guy coming in.  Thats now an added danger.

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

I really hope we haven’t got to this stage purely on the hope Bachmann is available this week. I’d like to think talks have taken place and some sort of agreement was in place

Either that or a definite Plan B if the Bachman move doesn’t materialise. Watford not having a confirmed manager doesn’t help. 

1 hour ago, skyhigh said:

bachman will be with us soon.  just not in time for Hibs 

May be best to look into another keeper. On a short term deal. Should a Bachmann deal take longer than expected. Cause do you really want a keeper trio of Rodgers(no. 2 all his career)  Lyle and Broun(both very inexperienced)

Another keeper may allow us to send Lyle on loan. Which I'd say is really needed 

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire

4 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

May be best to look into another keeper. On a short term deal. Should a Bachmann deal take longer than expected. Cause do you really want a keeper trio of Rodgers(no. 2 all his career)  Lyle and Broun(both very inexperienced)

Another keeper may allow us to send Lyle on loan. Which I'd say is really needed 

Rogers had a decent spell as number one in a very strong championship with Falkirk. 

1 minute ago, PrestersKtid said:

I’d expect rogers to be announced soon. Made sense for him not to sign until closer to first game, saves club a wage. He’s been our keeper in all the friendlies. 

better than koprevik and branescu surely anyway? We can still then push to get Bachman or equivalent quality keeper. 

If Rogers is as good as he was in that championship season with Falkirk then he's easily better quality than Koprevik and Branescu. I can alwwys remember him being one of the reasons Falkirk done so well that season.

45 minutes ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

Either that or a definite Plan B if the Bachman move doesn’t materialise. Watford not having a confirmed manager doesn’t help. 

Given the frequency with which Watford change their manager, I'm really not sure how much it matters who their manager is in terms of which players come and go. Surely that would be within the remit of a DoF with very limited input from a manager.

27 minutes ago, BluenwhiteARMY said:

If Rogers is as good as he was in that championship season with Falkirk then he's easily better quality than Koprevik and Branescu. I can alwwys remember him being one of the reasons Falkirk done so well that season.

Kept them in games long enough that they could snatch their late, late winners

35 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

I’d expect rogers to be announced soon. Made sense for him not to sign until closer to first game, saves club a wage. He’s been our keeper in all the friendlies. 

better than koprevik and branescu surely anyway? We can still then push to get Bachman or equivalent quality keeper. 

'saves club a wage'.

I hear this a lot but who is going to play for free for at least a month with no guarantee of a deal and with the possibility of receiving a career ending injury in one the games that they play in? I don't know anyone who would work for a company without pay for a month in the hope of getting a job.

4 minutes ago, historyman said:

'saves club a wage'.

I hear this a lot but who is going to play for free for at least a month with no guarantee of a deal and with the possibility of receiving a career ending injury in one the games that they play in? I don't know anyone who would work for a company without pay for a month in the hope of getting a job.

They are called interns. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

'saves club a wage'.

If he’s not signed he’s not an employee, probable that he’s been given expenses and meals etc tho.

in the current climate I think players have less choice in the Matter. More folk without a team in a long time and clubs have less funds. 
it’s also a very high paying job for what you are doing. Even at our level. Would you work for free for a month If it meant getting 50k a year?  I Certainly would.

2 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

If he’s not signed he’s not an employee, probable that he’s been given expenses and meals etc tho.

in the current climate I think players have less choice in the Matter. More folk without a team in a long time and clubs have less funds. 
it’s also a very high paying job for what you are doing. Even at our level. Would you work for free for a month If it meant getting 50k a year?  I Certainly would.

It’s the insurance angle that’s more important. I certainly wouldn’t play and risk injury without proper insurance. 
Even if it just keeps him out for a year that’s no wage for all that time - quite a risk for possibly a one year contract 

Edited by historyman

3 hours ago, historyman said:

If it’s going to happen then why not in time for Hibs? What’s stopping it? 

I know there was a sizeable break with lockdown but I imagine he'll want a wee bit of a breather between the end of their season and the start of ours?