Transfer July open

Craigieboy

Re length of contracts , not many clubs similar to us in the current climate will be offering solid long-term deals to most new signings, unless we are competing with other clubs for a player like in case of our new LB

Though you may find a number of the short term contracts will have options inserted to extend under certain conditions 

27 minutes ago, CBFC said:

I bet JF is working 24 hours a day at the moment to find a goalkeeper. If players want to play in the SPL then they need to sign now and not wait until the transfer window is about to close to try to get a better deal. However, Agents (puke) dictate the rules these days!!!

Big issue is English GK's are waiting until the English leagues re-start before committing. I feel we will be waiting until September until we bring in a top quality GK.

1 hour ago, Killieboykfc said:

Ah yes, he sees Killie as home so much that he decided to patch at the last minute in January to sign for some terribly run Portuguese mob. 

I would take him back at this stage to get bodies in but comments like that are just purely to try and win folk over. Lot of nonsense. 

Why are we trying to resign this rubbish? He’s had one good game for us, and everybody seems to think he’s some sort of hero. Signing him just to get numbers in the door is just daft. We’re ahead of most of our rivals in terms of getting signings in anyway.
Why don’t we just wait and see what comes up? The window is open for another 9 weeks and they’ll be plenty of other decent quality players looking for a contract.

6 minutes ago, No.1 Jimmy said:

Why are we trying to resign this rubbish? He’s had one good game for us, and everybody seems to think he’s some sort of hero. Signing him just to get numbers in the door is just daft. We’re ahead of most of our rivals in terms of getting signings in anyway.
Why don’t we just wait and see what comes up? The window is open for another 9 weeks and they’ll be plenty of other decent quality players looking for a contract.

You ok?

I think it’s hard to be to critical of the club regarding the GK situation at the moment. We had a deal agreed for Bachmann and had Rogers on trial for a few weeks to get a good look at him before ultimately signing him. On paper it sounds ideal business. We can’t be blamed for Watford pulling the plug on the deal.

Im sure JF and AD have others irons in the fire regarding a GK, but ultimately it might take a few weeks dependent on the English market, now their transfer window is open as players might want to wait or we might have to wait on other clubs doing business before they allow players to leave 

1 hour ago, Craigieboy said:

Anyone from English Premiership or Championship who player is loan list of goalkeeper (not chance but want chance play club)

Careful what you wish for, see Hearts loan GK last season from Man Utd Joel Pereira, whooft he was shocking! Worse than our keepers last year and that's going some.

12 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Careful what you wish for, see Hearts loan GK last season from Man Utd Joel Pereira, whooft he was shocking! Worse than our keepers last year and that's going some.

If Kilmarnock can bring former SPL keeper player (from English premiership loan) or Kilmarnock can sign Who promotion from English Championship (Leeds, WBA, Brentford/Swansea City/Cardiff/Fulham) with who no chance first team start to loan agent 

Edited by Craigieboy

1 minute ago, the big ring said:

Agree.

I wonder what would he be worth in todays finances ???

Probably not a lot or nothing. Going by recent outgoings he would sadly have let his contract run down and gone for peanuts or zilch. But I know what you mean, quality and reliable keeper. 

4 hours ago, CBFC said:

I bet JF is working 24 hours a day at the moment to find a goalkeeper. If players want to play in the SPL then they need to sign now and not wait until the transfer window is about to close to try to get a better deal. However, Agents (puke) dictate the rules these days!!!

JF search and work 24 hour to find who goalkeeper

Our club has always been known for having good quality goalies ( though maybe last seasons duo were at the opposite end of the scale) and hopefully Danny Roger's can also be good quality I wish him well and although a certain Cammy Bell left a sour taste with us by departing for sevco none of us who were at hampden for the league cup final will forget we witnessed one of the outstanding displays by any of our long list of good ones.

8 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Mind the season we rotated Meldrum and Dubordeau?

Choosing to forget doesn’t count.

I remember a horror show at Stirling Albion in the cup and if my memory serves me right I was raging that day and meldrum was in goal in fact the whole team were an embarrassment. We certainly have had some stinking performances in the past 

18 minutes ago, piffer said:

Would anyone consider a move for Scott Bain? Celtic close to signing a Greek keeper. Still being heavily linked with Joe Hart. Don’t think Bain will want to stay there as second or third choice. 

Bain has done well at Celtic but I suspect his wage requirement would be out our reach and Celtic would prob be looking for a fee if he wasn’t in their plans but still under contract