Transfer July open

Craigieboy

I’d be surprised if we brought anymore players in now as surely the bulk of our budget has been used up on the players already brought in. Maybe we might pick up a loan if we’re contributing very little wage wise or possibly let some players go who might not feature as much (El Makrini) to free up some wages. Maybe we’ll let one or two young lads go out on loan once lower leagues start like Brindley or Connell. 

If Dyer does have aspirations of adding to the squad can’t help feeling players will need to leave first before any are brought in 

Still feel in the next few weeks there will be options to bring in a loan signing or 2 , If you have the right contacts

as different English clubs resume training and their recruitment window starts to get busier ....meaning some squad players are then surplus to requirements ..though the later season start down south And extended window has not helped Scottish clubs 

1 hour ago, BigYin said:

I’d be surprised if we brought anymore players in now as surely the bulk of our budget has been used up on the players already brought in. Maybe we might pick up a loan if we’re contributing very little wage wise or possibly let some players go who might not feature as much (El Makrini) to free up some wages. Maybe we’ll let one or two young lads go out on loan once lower leagues start like Brindley or Connell. 

If Dyer does have aspirations of adding to the squad can’t help feeling players will need to leave first before any are brought in 

I think you might be right. I think we’ve largely got what we have got and we are going to have to make do. 
if they could squeeze any more money out the budget I’d ask Sevco for Stewart on loan. He’s out the picture so they might be happy to get some of his wages covered and I would also be searching desperately for a number one - a goalie who can save us a few points over the season. 

4 minutes ago, historyman said:

I think you might be right. I think we’ve largely got what we have got and we are going to have to make do. 
if they could squeeze any more money out the budget I’d ask Sevco for Stewart on loan. He’s out the picture so they might be happy to get some of his wages covered and I would also be searching desperately for a number one - a goalie who can save us a few points over the season. 

Yep - go for Stewart

5 minutes ago, trenwick said:

I'm sure Stevie G mentioned Stewart yesterday before game against livi saying he'd been working hard etc so maybe still some sort of future there or just name dropping to get his name in press and getting other clubs enquiring 

It’s all well and good training well but at the moment he’s 5th choice striker when everyone is fit and down the pecking order for the wide area as well.