Transfer July open

Craigieboy

We have 4 CB's, we have no need for any more.

I'd love to bring back DDF but unless we have outgoings then it won't happen.

People need to get realistic with our targets and our current squad. There is a limit to the money available and we have players and cover for all positions.

We must be operating a 1 out and 1 in system now and I don't see any of our defence leaving unless we get an offer for Findlay.

8 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

People need to get realistic with our targets and our current squad. There is a limit to the money available and we have players and cover for all positions.

We must be operating a 1 out and 1 in system now and I don't see any of our defence leaving unless we get an offer for Findlay.

True but being realistic out of the 4 CB's one is a loan which ends next summer, the other three (Findlay, Dikamona and Broadfoot) deals all end next summer unless new deals have been agreed and we haven't been told. So next summer we potentially have to try and bring in 3-4 new CB's which would be a hard task. I don't know what that Cece Pepe is like but say he is half decent wouldn't it benefit the club to get someone like him in on a two year deal so we at least have one CB on the books next summer if the rest leave?

I completely agree about being realistic with our targets and recruitment but we also have to look past this season to the future and the amount of players we have contracted past this season makes for grim reading.

Unless we bring in a know quantity we can't afford to take a financial gamble. 4 CB's is the most we should have (Dicker is a 5th in an emergency). I understand your arguement about next summer and we should have already opened talks with Findlay, however our cloth is cut for the forthcoming season and we have no room to bring in players hoping they will be a success.

7 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Agreed, we have another entire back 4 that have not yet started a game, we have enough. Remains to be seen if the manager can use the squad effectively.

Any signings now should be focused on more creativity and/or pace in the forward areas.

Budget spent according to the record. 
Mulumbu will likely cost 2 players wages. 

El Makrini unfairly dismissed. Never really got a chance sitting. Could have been brought in for Dicker who had slacked off recently. 

Likely Brindley and another of the young boys will go on loan. 

Break the bank and go and get Greg Stewart on loan for season. He’s 5th choice at the Huns. We can prove that we take points off Celtic win win for both teams. 

5 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Budget spent according to the record. 
Mulumbu will likely cost 2 players wages. 

El Makrini unfairly dismissed. Never really got a chance sitting. Could have been brought in for Dicker who had slacked off recently. 

Likely Brindley and another of the young boys will go on loan. 

Break the bank and go and get Greg Stewart on loan for season. He’s 5th choice at the Huns. We can prove that we take points off Celtic win win for both teams. 

Surely we get our money back breaking the bank for Stewart? He single handedly won games that put us top of the league at Christmas. What is it? 50k a league position. We are currently 2nd bottom and deserve to be. If Stewart can make us climb 6 places its 300k. Now that's nearly 6k  a week. We could break the bank just now for Stewart and still end the season with profit

15 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Surely we get our money back breaking the bank for Stewart? He single handedly won games that put us top of the league at Christmas. What is it? 50k a league position. We are currently 2nd bottom and deserve to be. If Stewart can make us climb 6 places its 300k. Now that's nearly 6k  a week. We could break the bank just now for Stewart and still end the season with profit

Stewart will be on good money at rangers. He will play 5 times this season if he’s lucky. 

A loan to us He gets a period of playing with a team who will build round him. Put himself in the window for the inevitable punting he will get next summer.

We could pay him 3k a week link him and Brophy up again. Have Kabamba as back up. Power Dicker Tish Burke McKenzie in midfield. Tighten up in defence and we look dangerous again. 

3k a week x 35 weeks of season remaining be about 105k. What a difference he could potentially make. 

21 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Or sell brophy for 300k plus. Get Stewart in....we strengthen the team, cover Stewart’s salary (and more) with the brophy fee and the extra money we make in league position can be invested in next seasons squad.  We would be better with Stewart and kabamba than brophy and kabamba and by the time the wolf’s fit he’ll be signing a pre-contract agreement. Time to get a bit street wise.