Lee Johnson sacked

Relieved from his post after today's home defeat to Cardiff.  Did well to have City competing at the top end of the Championship but maybe this season a little off the pace.

City don't strike me as a club that are destined for the Premiership - will be interesting to see if they mount any sort of challenge next season.

He has a very good record as a manager at Oldham, Barnsley and Bristol City but he has had a big budget for a couple of seasons now but hasn’t made the breakthrough so it was inevitable he would get the sack. 
He’ll get another job somewhere soon enough, he’s got a load of experience for someone still only 39. Would have been happy enough to have him at Killie but I’m sure there will be a bigger job for him in England.

Bristol have loads of potential, I think they will get there one day but it’s a very hard league to get out of.

10 hours ago, historyman said:

He has a very good record as a manager at Oldham, Barnsley and Bristol City but he has had a big budget for a couple of seasons now but hasn’t made the breakthrough so it was inevitable he would get the sack. 
He’ll get another job somewhere soon enough, he’s got a load of experience for someone still only 39. Would have been happy enough to have him at Killie but I’m sure there will be a bigger job for him in England.

Bristol have loads of potential, I think they will get there one day but it’s a very hard league to get out of.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Did well but once afforded a bigger budget didn't progress the team significantly further. Not sure that they will make it though - high expectations and in competition with some big hitters.