Hong Kong Chinese

On 7/6/2020 at 6:18 PM, Zorro said:

It’s obvious from the numbers that a large number don’t identify as Chinese and given they’ve already been betrayed by the U.K. once, I’m not sure they’d want to take the risk again. An independent Scotland would be an ideal location for them to thrive. 

Massive amount of racism between "different types" of Hong Kong Residents now airing itself properly.  I see many parallels with Scotland's struggle with bigotry, our relationship with rUK, and the resulting self-hatred that comes into play.

"Mainlanders" from China cited as the villains, but plenty intolerance between proper "Hong Kongers" and "BBCs" too (British-Born Chinese).  That's not even including all the long-term remaining expats.  Just shows that people love a label wherever they are from.

I really fear for Hong Kong.  It was the best place in the world to be, but not because it was anything to do with Britain -  but because the opposition in values and beliefs came together and just worked.