Mitch Pinnock

YNTTK1869

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Stats show hes a decent player certainly will add some strength to our not so greta left side. hope hes left footed drives me nuts with players constantly cutting in.

Watched a few nominations that he had for Wimbledon on YouTube. All left footed.

He looks quite a tall guy on video. A quick Google has his height varying from 5' 10", 6' 1" and 6' 3".

Good backstory - hard work and feet on the ground.

Mitch Pinnock’s rejuvenated form has put into perspective his rise back into the professional game, as he seeks to take his big second chance.

Having worked in the building trade, our midfielder Mitch appreciates what it takes to build on solid foundations if you want to be successful.

Mitch has bounced back after a spell out of the side and his form has been a contributory factor to Wimbledon picking up six points from our last two league matches. Speaking ahead of tomorrow’s visit from Portsmouth, Mitch still appreciates the graft he put in to life in order to reap the rewards now.

“When I was younger I was a pro at Southend and it didn’t work out for whatever reason,” said Mitch. “I played semi-pro, but it was only training at night times so I had to get in the ‘real world’.

“I did a bit of building, a bit of screening to start off with - which I really hated! Then I went into dry-lining. I met some great people through it, but now instead of going to the site each morning at 6.30 am, I’m playing football every day. I realise how much of a luxury it is. It gave me an appreciation and hopefully I can do the work on the pitch to thank our supporters for coming.”

Midfield partner Anthony is also appreciative towards our management for giving him the time to recover properly from injury and reach peak form again for The Dons.

The experienced midfielder can't wait to face Portsmouth on Saturday after making an impressive return from the injury that sidelined him at the start of this season.

“I needed a little time to get over the injury,” said Anthony. “I then had a couple of setbacks along the way and initially it was a bit tentative to put me back in straight away, because obviously they didn’t want me to break down again.

“At the time I wasn’t happy about that because I was desperate to play, but looking back now it was definitely the right decision.

"Portsmouth have had a difficult start, I don't think they are the same team as last year, they've lost a few players, but for us it's important we capitalise on that. We want to take our run of good form into this and get the points." 

You can see much more from the duo - where they also talk about the influence of Scott Wagstaff this season, the positive effect Aaron Ramsdale had on Mitch, Woody’s trust in last week’s hat –trick hero Marcus Forss and their thoughts on Saturday’s home game against Portsmouth.

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2019/october/mitch-and-woody-interview-with-rejuvenated-dons-duo/

23 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

That's out of the blue. Seems a good age and fills a position we're light on.

Quick look at his stats and he has a decent return from out wide.

Hopefully a wee gem

Not that I’m cynical, but this will get us talking about something other than the dodgy club shop launch.

well played KFC

1 minute ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Here we go now. The youtube clips are up. We'll all think he should be next in line for the ballon d'or

only one wee snipit to be had on Youtube right at the end of the video unfortunately.

He'll probably no dae anyway..... :P