Pre-Season

MuirP

I can see us doing some very late business only a few days before the season kicks off or even afterward, especially with the English window for EPL and Championship clubs not opening till the 26th July and closing on the 5th October.

I'm not hitting the panic button just yet.....

Edited by C4mmy31

33 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Cant believe someone has down voted this. Spot on. Some fans want to stick their head in the sand, but the reality is frightening. 

Think its more a sign of where things are at the moment. We actually have more players than some other teams in the league as things stand.

Everyone is running a skeleton squad, no sense risking further injury etc.

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

Signing a goalkeeper has been a number one priority for months. Can’t believe we haven’t got one yet. 
If Bachmann is unveiled all will be forgotten but despite all the optimism I still can’t see this happening. 

I might be far too optimistic, but I don't think signing a goalkeeper is going to be difficult in this market. I imagine any of the four or five that we've apparently looked at would come in and do absolutely fine. Don't mind them taking their time on this. I'd much rather Rogers or the boy from Fulham than us rushing into Scott Fox for example. 

48 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Think its more a sign of where things are at the moment. We actually have more players than some other teams in the league as things stand.

Cant agree. We dont even have a goalkeeper!

48 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I might be far too optimistic, but I don't think signing a goalkeeper is going to be difficult in this market. I imagine any of the four or five that we've apparently looked at would come in and do absolutely fine. Don't mind them taking their time on this. I'd much rather Rogers or the boy from Fulham than us rushing into Scott Fox for example. 

If it’s not difficult what are we waiting for? Surely we’d be better getting someone in and getting them integrated with the squad. 
As the season starts on 1st August I wouldn’t say we are rushing into it signing someone now. 

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

If it’s not difficult what are we waiting for? Surely we’d be better getting someone in and getting them integrated with the squad. 
As the season starts on 1st August I wouldn’t say we are rushing into it signing someone now. 

If they are on trial they will already be getting integrated with the squad. 

Hopefully one signs soon and can then play the waiting game for Bachmann.

2 hours ago, historyman said:

Signing a goalkeeper has been a number one priority for months. Can’t believe we haven’t got one yet. 
If Bachmann is unveiled all will be forgotten but despite all the optimism I still can’t see this happening. 

Doesn't fit your negative demeanour.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

That argument works both ways though. If it's not difficult, why not wait and get the right man? 

Not sure integration into the team is much of an issue with a keeper. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd expect at least a backup in this week. But I'd rather wait than get another Koprivec, especially when there's going to be a flood of keepers released in England in the next few weeks. 

Problem with waiting to do late business is that the players are missing out on pre-season and the friendlies, this happened last year also, players coming in late and having a poor start to season. I don't know what situation is at other teams, but to miss out these games, especially having not played a competitive game since March till August, it's going to be a massive ask to get new players match fit and sharp. If Livi can manage to get a team of any sorts out, how the hell can't we????

48 minutes ago, superfan said:

Doesn't fit your negative demeanour.

I just don’t feel confident that we will be able to attract Bachmann. I am sure that if he leaves Watford he will get offers from England which are way higher than way willl be able to afford. 
if we did get him it would be a massively important signing but I just don’t see it. I don’t see that as a being negative, just realistic. 

Panic has set in as regards signings.  Do people not think the club know we require certain players for certain positions . We can all speculate what's needed but we have to trust the management . Why tell the media who were interested in and alert others. Pinnock was a surprise signing there hopefully will be others.

33 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

I have a feeling that it was actually going ahead. And that the rumours suggesting it was cancelled was to throw people of turning up trying to watch.

See our game was going to be inundated with fans who can't be trusted, but every other SPL team's can be? Away and get your tin foil hat off

1 hour ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

I have a feeling that it was actually going ahead. And that the rumours suggesting it was cancelled was to throw people of turning up trying to watch.

According to Facebook ( take it with a pinch of salt ) ) it was cancelled due to injuries and us not being able to field a team 

3 hours ago, DG5 said:

Panic has set in as regards signings.  Do people not think the club know we require certain players for certain positions . We can all speculate what's needed but we have to trust the management . Why tell the media who were interested in and alert others. Pinnock was a surprise signing there hopefully will be others.

I think most people look at the last two windows and think we knew what we needed then and failed, so why have blind faith it'll be different this window?