Aberdeen

2 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Long before McInnes, Fergie installed a total hatred of the West Coast Bias, was even clever enough to enlist wee Jim McLean .

Thugs included Neil Simpson, Doug Rougvie, John McMaster, Neale Cooper, and cheats were Mcleish, Strachan, McGhee, Miller J, and the prefect referee Miller W. 

What a load of absolute garbage.
And at that time they were the best team in Scotland by a country mile who had the cheek to beat the Old Firm at their own game.
 They certainly didn't need to cheat to beat us, they were light years ahead of us.
Best period in Scottish football for years and they did Scotland proud in Europe.

20 minutes ago, historyman said:

What a load of absolute garbage.
And at that time they were the best team in Scotland by a country mile who had the cheek to beat the Old Firm at their own game.
 They certainly didn't need to cheat to beat us, they were light years ahead of us.
Best period in Scottish football for years and they did Scotland proud in Europe.

Did you follow us in the 70’s and 80’s, were you at Pittodrie for the Scottish Quarter Final , the Bob Valentine day, we’re you at Muirton? 
so before you start throwing cheap comments get your bloody facts right, yes they did go on to be the best Scotland had to offer, but Rangers and Celtic were pish, and Aberdeen were a shower o cheatin cvnts , if you don’t think Simpson was a thug, Miller and Mcleish were refs and Strachans TWO dives that day didn’t cheat us out of a possibly Scottish Semi then I know who is talking garbage.

Oh and the midweek draw in mid 80’s Scottish tie up there was us getting gubbed? Not really, we should have won that night.

The best days of Scottish Football based upon s**t OF teams, obviously you’ve forgotten when both Celtic and Rangers were in Euro Finals, Dundee United were a team to be proud of in the 80’s , Aberdeen? Not so much.

I’ll be honest , they did very well to win the ECWC , but Madrid and Bayern were slightly in remission when teams were better they failed.

I went to see United against Anderlecht, Munchengladbach, Manchester United, Barcelona and Gothenburg as one of my mates at Rosyth was a fan, they handed out hidings to some of those teams.

I never really got that the OF we’re  as bad in those days, so didn’t take any real pleasure in other teams beating them, to me a Killie win was all that interested me. A bit like that to this day tbh.

40 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I never really got that the OF we’re  as bad in those days, so didn’t take any real pleasure in other teams beating them, to me a Killie win was all that interested me. A bit like that to this day tbh.

They've always been bad.

Killie wins were few and far between in the New Firm era .

Whilst the Dons and Arabs were flying we were like the Titanic. 

2 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

The best days of Scottish Football based upon s**t OF teams, obviously you’ve forgotten when both Celtic and Rangers were in Euro Finals....

I preferred it when Aberdeen won the ECWC and the Super Cup, and United got to the final of the UEFA Cup and were cheated in a European Cup semi-final in Rome.

I don't see how anybody outside the OF could prefer it when they were doing well in Europe, unless it's because we were also Fairs Cup semi-finalists! 

4 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Did you follow us in the 70’s and 80’s, were you at Pittodrie for the Scottish Quarter Final , the Bob Valentine day, we’re you at Muirton? 
so before you start throwing cheap comments get your bloody facts right, yes they did go on to be the best Scotland had to offer, but Rangers and Celtic were pish, and Aberdeen were a shower o cheatin cvnts , if you don’t think Simpson was a thug, Miller and Mcleish were refs and Strachans TWO dives that day didn’t cheat us out of a possibly Scottish Semi then I know who is talking garbage.

Oh and the midweek draw in mid 80’s Scottish tie up there was us getting gubbed? Not really, we should have won that night.

The best days of Scottish Football based upon s**t OF teams, obviously you’ve forgotten when both Celtic and Rangers were in Euro Finals, Dundee United were a team to be proud of in the 80’s , Aberdeen? Not so much.

The facts? 
We won nothing in the 80s but the Ayrshire Cup and ended up in the lowest league in country. They won leagues, Scottish Cups and beat Real Madrid in the final of a European Trophy. 
I know what set of fans will look back on that as a golden era. 
But hey, we got a draw up there in the Scottish Cup so it wasn’t all bad. Lost the replay at home of course but that’s the Killie way. 

Manager Derek McInnes says he has no plans to add to his Aberdeen squad amid the current financial difficulties in the Scottish game. (Daily Record)

So, he has no money to spend on players.

We'll see how good a manager McInnes really is when he can't buy his way to a top 3 finish....