Brandon Haunstrup

17 minutes ago, skygod said:

It looks like Pompey are still in the frame.

If they offer him a contract, they would be due training compensation, which would test our resolve.

Could this be Fowler sitting with him discussing the very matter? Trying to sell the club to him and the advantage of playing up here than potentially sitting on the bench again for Portsmouth.

Screenshot_20200710-000239_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, skygod said:

It looks like Pompey are still in the frame.

If they offer him a contract, they would be due training compensation, which would test our resolve.

Cross border rules are different for development fees than taking a player from a club in the same division are they not. Celtic got Dembele for a cut price compared to what English teams would have had to pay. Sevco have exploited it for younger players from down south as well in recent years. 

I’m sure you’re right but I’ve never seen the sense, or fairness, in such a rule. 

Having transfer rules laid down by a multinational organisation body like FIFA should result in eliminating cross-border anomalies, you would think. 

Edited by skygod

12 minutes ago, skygod said:

I’m sure you’re right but I’ve never seen the sense, or fairness, in such a rule. 

Having transfer rules laid down by a multinational organisation body like FIFA should result in eliminating cross-border anomalies, you would think. 

Absolutely no sense in it at all. Plenty of clubs up here have fallen victim to it. It’s only cases like Dembele where English clubs lose out that cause a fuss though. I think Fulham lost out on a couple of million in that one. 

Did we not bring someone up from England before which denied his club a development fee?

Seem to remember a lower league club being unhappy the player moved to Scotland. Not 100% it was us but someone in the league has definitely taken advantage of this situation before.

23 minutes ago, Killjoy1869 said:

If Bristol Rovers are in supposedly in pole position, why isn’t he training with them?

Were Bristol Rovers not bought over a few seasons ago by an Arab billionaire? I think if they're interested in anyone journalists just assume they're going to blow you away financially. I think Hearts are going through a similar thing just now with a player they're competing with Bristol Rovers for.

27 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Were Bristol Rovers not bought over a few seasons ago by an Arab billionaire? I think if they're interested in anyone journalists just assume they're going to blow you away financially. I think Hearts are going through a similar thing just now with a player they're competing with Bristol Rovers for.

They might have an Arab owner but there's no evidence of them spending big in the transfer market. 

I mean, Ansi Jaakkola in goal!