Brandon Haunstrup

12 minutes ago, Rml said:

Sad times when we’re all on tender hooks waiting on someone Portsmouth might let go.

Not saying he won’t do a job for us but the come down from SC era is telling in all ways.

Nothing we’ve done over the last 12 months suggests to me we moved above the top provincial club spot.

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

SC signed players from the likes of Fleetwood, Oldham and Queens Park. 

And I wouldn’t assume we are superior to Portsmouth. 

Gates of 18,000 in League One put ours in the shade and it’s a club with a rich history, including an FA Cup win ten years or so ago. 

You can legitimately state a case about the decline in the past year but there’s no call to diss Portsmouth. 

I’m not dissing Portsmouth.

6 hours ago, Rml said:

Sad times when we’re all on tender hooks waiting on someone Portsmouth might let go.

Not saying he won’t do a job for us but the come down from SC era is telling in all ways.

Should he sign..... 

It's probably the novelty of a young talent, by all accounts, turning down a new deal from his current club and another suitor, both of whom could probably offer better terms than us, to sign for Killie. 

I can understand why people are keen to see the deal done as we are normally the disappointed party with such signings.

Maybe we should be giving credit to Fowler and Dyer for selling the club to him.

Portsmouth is a far bigger club than us. Its a city with a population of 209k, we have 46k. The club were in the Premier League in the noughties. Although they are in League One, there is no reason why they won't be back in the championship in a season or two. If we prise a player they want to keep from them this would be a coup! 

2 hours ago, Stephen Sharkey said:

Hopefully we sign him what I've heard Portsmouth fans thought he was better then the left backs they had! Good age aswell so hopefully come today hes standing with that scarf high above his head .

Reading this twitter post he seems to be held in high regard.....

Also interesting comments from pompey fans regarding the salary cap, It might make it a more level playing field for Scottish clubs competing with the lower leagues in England for a player.

Edited by C4mmy31

35 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Reading this twitter post he seems to be held in high regard.....

Also interesting comments from pompey fans regarding the salary cap, It might make it a more level playing field for Scottish clubs competing with the lower leagues in England for a player.

The cap is a % of turnover, they will have a bigger turnover than most in their division and be significantly bigger budget than us. Only the OF and possibly Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts can offer similar wages. If he chooses us, it'll be for football reasons rather than financial.

13 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

The cap is a % of turnover, they will have a bigger turnover than most in their division and be significantly bigger budget than us. Only the OF and possibly Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts can offer similar wages. If he chooses us, it'll be for football reasons rather than financial.

Don't think it is from what I've seen

It's going down from £4M to £2.5M for League One and that's for all

Pompey fans moaning that they will have same budget as the likes of Rochdale

My Niece's husband is a Season ticket holder at Portsmouth and he says he is a decent player who is good at crossing the ball into the penalty box. Portsmouth have missed out a few times in a bid for Championship status but can still pull in the crowds.