Brandon Haunstrup

On 7/15/2020 at 11:44 AM, Killie Conman said:

Don't think it is from what I've seen

It's going down from £4M to £2.5M for League One and that's for all

Pompey fans moaning that they will have same budget as the likes of Rochdale

And they're gonna need to start maximising the £2.5 million which will squeeze out fringe players. 

12 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

This is dragging on....This guys looks a good players and i see nothing but positive comments on twitter from Pompey fans. Get him signed .

If there is compensation to be payed that could be a holdup. Possibly negotiating with Pompey to try and bring that down a bit or stagger payments

7 minutes ago, piffer said:

If there is compensation to be payed that could be a holdup. Possibly negotiating with Pompey to try and bring that down a bit or stagger payments

I don't think compensation is the problem because that was set, as far as I know, at £15000 some time ago. He is a good player so other clubs are bound to be interested, in fact Bristol Rovers have made several attempts to get him but Kilmarnock are a Scottish Premier League club so I would imagine that would be an attraction for him. Several League 1 clubs have enquired about him and there has been Championship interest as well. Saying all that he did turn out for Kilmarnock the other day in a trial match so I would think he is set on going to you boys.

2 minutes ago, Blue Walter said:

I don't think compensation is the problem because that was set, as far as I know, at £15000 some time ago. He is a good player so other clubs are bound to be interested, in fact Bristol Rovers have made several attempts to get him but Kilmarnock are a Scottish Premier League club so I would imagine that would be an attraction for him. Several League 1 clubs have enquired about him and there has been Championship interest as well. Saying all that he did turn out for Kilmarnock the other day in a trial match so I would think he is set on going to you boys.

Quality intel, ta!

35 minutes ago, the big ring said:

cheers @Blue Walter.

I like others on here hope he comes to us. All the best to Pompey for next season and hoping you get back to the premiership ASAP.

Thanks for your good wishes Mr Ring. I don't see Pompey back in the Premiership any time soon and we have just failed to get out of League 1 again. I don't think we are ready fr the the Championship yet even. We still get the same crowds as when we were in the Premiership but the ground still only holds 19000 so something needs to change first.

27 minutes ago, Blue Walter said:

Thanks for your good wishes Mr Ring. I don't see Pompey back in the Premiership any time soon and we have just failed to get out of League 1 again. I don't think we are ready fr the the Championship yet even. We still get the same crowds as when we were in the Premiership but the ground still only holds 19000 so something needs to change first.

Remember our pre season friendly in 2003 when you had a front line of Sheringham, Yakubu and Berger.. we were horsed !! I was sitting near the Crazy Pompey no 1 fan with the long  curly hair.. is he still around ?

34 minutes ago, Blue Walter said:

I was in the navy and based in Fareham 80,81 , would go between Fratton Park and The Dell for my football fix, Pompey were in the lower leagues then but getting crowds of 25,000 ish, it was simply so much more fun than The Scummers. I wish you and Pompey well, and hope that Joanna’s has finally closed down lol

On 7/16/2020 at 10:12 PM, Blue Walter said:

Hi Pompey supporter here. This seems to be dragging on a bit with you signing our full back Brandon but I hope the transfer doesn't go through and he stays here. In fairness to him he deserves a move because he has not really been given a chance here and he is a really good young player. I think he has only stayed at the club this long because he is a Pompey boy and it was his dream to play for his home town club. You can have our manager Kenny Jackett though because it just doesn't make sense letting a good young player who has come up through the ranks go when clubs now more than ever need to be bringing their own players through. I am a bit of a Kilmarnock fan myself because like most kids at school we had teams we chose to support in other leagues and for some reason I chose Kilmarnock and now 60 years later I still look for their results. Also I had a friend in the navy from Kilmarnock and someone I worked with until very recently were also Killie fans. So I wish you all good luck for next season and I wish Brandon a happy and successful career at Kilmarnock.

Jackett isn't letting him go as he offered the lad a new contract and he knocked it back .... the player wants to leave.

On 7/16/2020 at 10:12 PM, Blue Walter said:

Hi Pompey supporter here. This seems to be dragging on a bit with you signing our full back Brandon but I hope the transfer doesn't go through and he stays here. In fairness to him he deserves a move because he has not really been given a chance here and he is a really good young player. I think he has only stayed at the club this long because he is a Pompey boy and it was his dream to play for his home town club. You can have our manager Kenny Jackett though because it just doesn't make sense letting a good young player who has come up through the ranks go when clubs now more than ever need to be bringing their own players through. I am a bit of a Kilmarnock fan myself because like most kids at school we had teams we chose to support in other leagues and for some reason I chose Kilmarnock and now 60 years later I still look for their results. Also I had a friend in the navy from Kilmarnock and someone I worked with until very recently were also Killie fans. So I wish you all good luck for next season and I wish Brandon a happy and successful career at Kilmarnock.

Hi BW, Who was the navy pal? I was in RN and was Pompey based 79-82. Great to know Brandon H is a good player.

1 hour ago, Blue Walter said:

I was at the Pompey V AC Milan Europa League game a few years back, some atmosphere inside that stadium. Pompey were 2-0 up and cruising to a memorable result, before Ronaldinho and Inzaghi had other ideas.

Hopefully we get our man and best wishes tp Pompey for the coming season.

1 hour ago, eagle10g1 said:

Remember our pre season friendly in 2003 when you had a front line of Sheringham, Yakubu and Berger.. we were horsed !! I was sitting near the Crazy Pompey no 1 fan with the long  curly hair.. is he still around ?

I think you mean Mr John Westwood Portsmouth Football Club. That really is his name and he is literally world famous, he changed his name by deed poll. I have been all over the place and people know of him everywhere. For example I was in Australia watching Sydney United in a sports bar and this bloke spotted that I had a Pompey crest on my shirt and started to talk to me about football. Everyone seems to know of Pompey's demise so we started talking about that and then he wanted to know about Mr JWPFC. He told me that every club in Australia had a Westwood lookalike and they imitated him as close as they could. I was in Jamaica last year and several yanks were asking me about Pompey and then the conversation went on to Westwood. I went to watch Pompey play Manchester United in 2008 in the FA Cup but before the game I had the misfortune to be in a club before the game the same time as Westwood. They were queuing up to have their picture taken with him. A couple of blokes over from Ireland (to watch their local team) were there and one of them said to me "anyone that goes dressed like that to matches deserves to see their team win" and we did and knocked them out of the cup going on to win it. I say misfortune because he is really a (I don't know if you can say Dick Head on this site so I will say a DH) prize DH and know one likes standing next to him because of the bugle (that he can't play) and bell and especially his sidekicks with the drums. He stinks as well. The only thing he can play on his bugle, which is quite amusing, is he makes the sound of an 1970's ambulance siren when an opposing player gets injured. Other than that he is fine and one thing that this country can produce is the good old British eccentrics, better known as embarrassing twats.

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

I was in the navy and based in Fareham 80,81 , would go between Fratton Park and The Dell for my football fix, Pompey were in the lower leagues then but getting crowds of 25,000 ish, it was simply so much more fun than The Scummers. I wish you and Pompey well, and hope that Joanna’s has finally closed down lol

Yes Joanna's has closed down. I bet you wouldn't recognise Portsmouth now from the 1980's, or Fareham for that matter. I live in Gosport but the Navy has pulled out of the area and is mostly confined to the Dockyard, there is still installations on Portsdown Hill but a lot of those old forts have been taken over by civvy street. If you was in Fareham was it Collingwood that you were based?