Brandon Haunstrup

9 hours ago, Bigdaw said:

Its all about money if we are to compare the various Leagues. Celtic and Rangers if they played in English PL would bring in top players as the money they would earn would be massive, Remember their fan base is world wide. The rest of the SPL would be a mixed bag, One of two could compete in the Championship. Most would be lower Championship and one or two DIV 1. 

They days of our smaller clubs spending money on transfers are over. Spend £100,000 on a player or bring in out of contract , I don't think their would be much difference.

We do need League reconstruction imo though. The 12 Team league does not lend itself to bring in young players as your only three defeats away from falling down the table.

I watch all the various Leagues down south on TV. I ll watch anything. We have Clubs that will play more football than some of the teams in DIV 1/2. But i can relate more to those Clubs than say a Club paying someone £250,000 a week to sit on the bench.

Scottish Football is honest and still the working mans game , Unlike top EPL sides were its all money and superstars only after the money and not so much the love of the game. The fans up here are loyal , Clubs like us don't attract glory hunters. Loyal fans and a club with a family atmosphere. Scotland only has a small population , So the Fan turnout is pretty good.We perhaps average 4500/6000 and on our day can make a good noise. With everywhere pretty easy to travel to, we will take 800/1500 to away games.

Anyway i am delighted to sign your lad, Hope Pompey have a great season and win promotion. If you ever fancy a Holiday in the LAND WERE MEN WEAR SKIRTS and want to see yer boy play at the Theatre of Pies , Its not that far away and our Beer is better.

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I think you're giving the game away mate. That's what they tell us!

Nice to hear he sounds like a good player, hope he adjusts to our game. Sure if he works hard he will do well.

Hope you keep up to date with Haunstrup and Kilmarnock. Can only be a good thing for us to have another body outside of Scotland looking for us to do well.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Bachman and another central defender and this is a major step up from last year’s back five. The midfield was pretty decent anyway and the forwards will also be an upgrade with another signing. 

Agree with you.  If we get to this point we will have much greater depth to the squad than last season - and they are nearly all our players. 
If we can get Bachmann in I will be upbeat about the season ahead even without further additions 

Edited by Cheviotstag
Sp

Brandon Haunstrup has quit Pompey for Kilmarnock in search of regular first-team football. Picture: Joe Pepler

The 23-year-old rejected a fresh deal and walked away from Fratton Park to last week join Kilmarnock on a two-year contract.

The switch to the Scottish Premiership club offers regular first-team football, having become demoralised under Kenny Jackett.

Since his Blues debut in August 2015, Haunstrup has totalled 57 appearances and one goal, while was overlooked for the last 14 squads of the 2019-20 campaign.

And that persuaded the Pompey fan from Waterlooville to drive an exit from the club he had served since the age of seven.

Haunstrup told The News: ‘Kilmarnock is a fresh new start.

‘I hadn’t kicked on in the last few years. I hadn’t reached where I wanted to be or achieved the goals I desired. Unfortunately, I wasn’t going to do that at Pompey.

‘For the sake of my career, I had to leave. If I want to have a successful career and play games – this is what I had to do.

‘Looking back, 57 appearances, with 32 in the league, is not good enough. I want to play a lot more than that – and knew I’d have to leave to do it.

‘I’ve spoken to the manager (Jackett) quite a lot about it over the last year. I remember a spell of seven games early in the season when Brownie was injured. I thought I did pretty well.

‘As soon as he was fit, the gaffer said “I’m going with Brownie this weekend at Doncaster”. There was no real explanation. I’m thinking “What have I done wrong?”.

‘It meant when I next got a little run, in my mind if I made one mistake then I was coming out of the team.

‘There was no real confidence that I would play a few matches in a row because I’d still be left out after a few good games. It was demoralising.

‘My Pompey career here could go no further, which is obviously devastating, it’s my home town.

‘But it was definitely time to move on.’

Haunstrup recovered from a minor knee operation to declare himself fit at the turn of the year.

However, he would feature just twice for the Blues in 2020, with Steve Sneddon and Lee Brown preferred at left-back.

The former Crookhorn College pupil’s final outing for the club was in a Leasing.com Trophy 2-1 victory over Sc**thorpe on January 21.

He added: ‘My job is football, my job is to play football. I do all this work in the week, training and in the gym, looking after myself.

‘Yet, at the same time, I have no reason for doing so because I know I’m not going to be playing at the weekend. It has been demoralising.

‘There comes a time in every player’s career that if you’re not playing, you need to self-evaluate and say “What’s the next best step for me?”.

‘This was it.’

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/demoralised-brandon-haunstrup-why-i-had-quit-portsmouth-kilmarnock-2924429

Interesting comments and good to hear Nicke Kabamba , on the back of that excellent interview recently did on Killie TV , that he is not only enjoying life at Killie, but is also recommending us to other players..

#####

Nicke Kabamba convinced Brandon Haunstrup that Kilmarnock represented the perfect setting to ignite his career. Although the left-back kept his impending arrival under wraps until it was assured of completion, he did contact Kambamba for his opinion.

And the striker, who scored four goals in 12 games after arriving from Hartlepool in January, delivered a ringing endorsement.

Haunstrup told The News: ‘Kilmarnock’s interest happened about two months ago and, although other clubs enquired, it was the main one for me.

‘Why not Scotland? It’s no different to any other club and, from what I have seen in the friendlies so far, the standard is high.

‘I’ve lived in Portsmouth my whole life, moving away and getting a fresh start was something I was keen on.

‘When I mentioned it to Nicke, he told me to get myself up there and that it’s a really good club, which I have also found since I’ve been here.

‘It’s great to see him again, he’s such a top bloke and has taken me under his wing. ‘He assured me I would enjoy being at Kilmarnock, which was really reassuring. ‘Nicke joined in January and has done well, chipping in with a fair few goals as well. He scored against Celtic – so he tells me!’

Kilmarnock, who finished eighth in the Scottish Premiership last season, start the 2020-21 campaign on Saturday (August 1) with a trip to Hibernian. At the weekend they completed their final friendly with a 1-1 draw at Dundee United, with Haunstrup featuring for the full 90 minutes as he pushes for the left-back spot.

Also on Killie’s books are former Rangers, Birmingham and Forest midfielder Chris Burke and ex-AFC Wimbledon man Mitch Pinnock.

The 23-year-old added: ‘I didn’t want to come to a club which wasn't ambitious – and Kilmarnock clearly want to do well. ‘The squad is not too big and not too small. It’s just right, with competition for every position, which you need

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/how-ex-portsmouth-team-mate-nicke-kabamba-convinced-brandon-haunstrup-make-kilmarnock-switch-2924548

5 minutes ago, Blue Walter said:

I think Brandon Haunstrup's explanation as to why he has left the club he and his family have supported all of his life is extremely understandable, and very telling. Everyone, including all the supporters, could see that he was good enough for League 1 except for Kenny Jackett. It seems to me such a waste of talent when you bring a young local lad through the ranks and then he reaches the position of being regarded as a senior player the club let him go. I know he walked away from the club but he was helped on his way by his treatment by Mr Jackett. I think it is our wasted chance but Killies benefitting from it. You have got a good player there but if you had asked me about Kabamba I would have said the opposite. To be fair he did not get much of a chance down here as Mr Jackett likes to play with just one up front and we have had some good strikers at the club vying for the strikers role so he was on a loser really. Kabamba scored loads of goals in non league football so he does know where the net is located. Back on to the Brandon transfer though, when you see a picture of one of your favourite players posing for pictures in another clubs shirt it is like a total stranger coming up to you and showing you photos of your wife naked, only worse.

At least he didn't go to a club in the same league as you, which we often face in Scotland. 

Portsmouth forced to accept 'limited' fee after Brandon Haunstrup's Kilmarnock switch

Pompey’s Brandon Haunstrup windfall will be ‘limited’.

Pompey are entitled to Fifa training compensation for Brandon Haunstrup - but not much.

Although a free agent, the Blues are entitled to compensation having produced the 23-year-old and then tabled an improved contract.

However, with Haunstrup moving cross-border, the deal falls under Fifa Training Compensation regulations.

That deprives Pompey of a fixed fee for a player who had been at Fratton Park since the age of seven – and impacts significantly on money they expect to receive.

Catlin said: ‘All fees and negotiations between the clubs are confidential, however, given Brandon’s age and moving to Scotland, any compensation is limited.

‘If you offer a player an improved contract and they move to another club within England, you are protected by English compensation rights.

‘However, by going abroad in football terms – Scotland – it doesn’t apply. You see it every year at clubs.

‘Instead, you go into Fifa training rights. Historically, they are more of a fixed level and totally different should Brandon have gone to another English club.

‘How much we receive depends on his future performance, there is no fixed fee in regards of the move itself.

‘It’s based on when they move again, what level they move to, it’s so complicated. It really only starts to be worth any type of money if Brandon plays at a very high level.’

Under Fifa regulations, when a player registers as a professional for the first time in a country other than the one in which he trained, the club he joins is responsible for paying training compensation.

This covers the season of his 12th birthday through the season of his 21st birthday.

Crucially, to receive any compensation under the English or Fifa structures, Pompey had to offer Haunstrup an improved deal.

Catlin added: ‘Brandon was offered an improved deal, which you have to do to retain compensation rights.

‘I spoke to Brandon when the offer was made and he was intent it wasn’t really about the money, it was the fact he wanted to go and play first-team football.

‘You have to remember he was out of contract and turned down the offer.

‘It was an improved offer to retain the compensation rights – and he took the decision to move to Scotland.’

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-forced-accept-limited-fee-after-brandon-haunstrups-kilmarnock-switch-2927082

Don't remember having heard of this before. Sounds more like a sell-on clause than training compensation.

Edited by skygod

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

Portsmouth forced to accept 'limited' fee after Brandon Haunstrup's Kilmarnock switch

Pompey’s Brandon Haunstrup windfall will be ‘limited’.

Pompey are entitled to Fifa training compensation for Brandon Haunstrup - but not much.

Although a free agent, the Blues are entitled to compensation having produced the 23-year-old and then tabled an improved contract.

However, with Haunstrup moving cross-border, the deal falls under Fifa Training Compensation regulations.

That deprives Pompey of a fixed fee for a player who had been at Fratton Park since the age of seven – and impacts significantly on money they expect to receive.

Catlin said: ‘All fees and negotiations between the clubs are confidential, however, given Brandon’s age and moving to Scotland, any compensation is limited.

‘If you offer a player an improved contract and they move to another club within England, you are protected by English compensation rights.

‘However, by going abroad in football terms – Scotland – it doesn’t apply. You see it every year at clubs.

‘Instead, you go into Fifa training rights. Historically, they are more of a fixed level and totally different should Brandon have gone to another English club.

‘How much we receive depends on his future performance, there is no fixed fee in regards of the move itself.

‘It’s based on when they move again, what level they move to, it’s so complicated. It really only starts to be worth any type of money if Brandon plays at a very high level.’

Under Fifa regulations, when a player registers as a professional for the first time in a country other than the one in which he trained, the club he joins is responsible for paying training compensation.

This covers the season of his 12th birthday through the season of his 21st birthday.

Crucially, to receive any compensation under the English or Fifa structures, Pompey had to offer Haunstrup an improved deal.

Catlin added: ‘Brandon was offered an improved deal, which you have to do to retain compensation rights.

‘I spoke to Brandon when the offer was made and he was intent it wasn’t really about the money, it was the fact he wanted to go and play first-team football.

‘You have to remember he was out of contract and turned down the offer.

‘It was an improved offer to retain the compensation rights – and he took the decision to move to Scotland.’

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-forced-accept-limited-fee-after-brandon-haunstrups-kilmarnock-switch-2927082

Don't remember having heard of this before. Sounds more like a sell-on clause than training compensation.

Only lawyers will profit from this arrangement I fear...

On 7/27/2020 at 2:31 PM, Blue Walter said:

I think Brandon Haunstrup's explanation as to why he has left the club he and his family have supported all of his life is extremely understandable, and very telling. Everyone, including all the supporters, could see that he was good enough for League 1 except for Kenny Jackett. It seems to me such a waste of talent when you bring a young local lad through the ranks and then he reaches the position of being regarded as a senior player the club let him go. I know he walked away from the club but he was helped on his way by his treatment by Mr Jackett. I think it is our wasted chance but Killies benefitting from it. You have got a good player there but if you had asked me about Kabamba I would have said the opposite. To be fair he did not get much of a chance down here as Mr Jackett likes to play with just one up front and we have had some good strikers at the club vying for the strikers role so he was on a loser really. Kabamba scored loads of goals in non league football so he does know where the net is located. Back on to the Brandon transfer though, when you see a picture of one of your favourite players posing for pictures in another clubs shirt it is like a total stranger coming up to you and showing you photos of your wife naked, only worse.

I sympathise with you Walter. Can’t see any logic in a club nurturing a decent player  for so many years only then to lose out on appropriate compensation because he signs for a club in a different country. FIFA nonsense.

By the way, your wife looks great in these photos. Is she Brazilian?