Brandon Haunstrup

15 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Not sure we could offer the kind of wages Portsmouth first team will be on.....

I don't think we could compete with their highest earners  but he couldn't have been on top whack if they offered him a rise, despite having to reduce their wage bill from £4m to meet a proposed EFL cap of £2.5m.

Local lad with the club since age six or something, probably being taken a bit for granted in the past. 

Just now, Guff92 said:

Transfer window dates are a bit of a farce.

Maybe....

but that date is when current EPL season ends and given their current league position Watford will be reluctant to let a keeper leave in case of injuries until league safety is guaranteed 

Really hope we get this one done, but that's mainly through excitement generated by the reaction of the Portsmouth fans. I've no idea how far apart the financial situation is between us and the player, or even if that's the only hurdle we're facing, but the fact we've been in talks for so long suggests we're hopefully not that far apart. Problem is, the longer we're in talks the longer his contractual situation is being advertised, if he's decent I'd imagine more clubs will start expressing their interest. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If and it's a big if we get Bachmann then it would be after the 25th before we could sign him.

Pretty sure that’s only because Watford won’t let him go beforehand. Our transfer window is open so we can sign players even if the transfer window for the league they play in isn’t open.

2 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Haunstrup saga is certainly being dragged out, do we only have a photographer on a Thursday to take the obligatory scarf snaps? 

Dragged out? How long has he been here? A week?

Now that we know the transfer window is open until October I suggest you go and panic buy some Pampers.

Jesus wept.

48 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

This constant mocking crap about bed is unfortunately undermined totally by recent transfer windows when the same complacency ended in chaos. Some people are rightly concerned about our lack of ability to get deals over the line. 

Sorry, I wasn't aware you cared about Killie, I thought you were only interested in Motherwell these days.