Brandon Haunstrup

Good too see it confirmed

On paper this looks a great bit of business by Fowler and Dyer , Another young player though with some experience who will feel he has a point to prove and sees Kilmarnock as given him that chance 

So far so good this “window” ....

Edited by Scouser2

Id defo say most teams in scottish prem a step up from league 1.. We get shafted from down england as a mickey mouse league but alot of players that come up dont last it.. Better than we get credit for.. Sorry to hear u wanted him to stay but cant wait to see him play.. 

24 minutes ago, Blue Walter said:

You have got your man then, unfortunately. You are right Pompey fans are livid at this one and most of us would rather see Kenny Jackett join you instead of Haunstrup. I just can not see the sense of letting a good young player go who is more than good enough for League 1 football. I don't know how the general standard of The Scottish Premier League compares with League 1 in England but I would think it is a step up for Brandon. I would think Celtic would survive in the English Premiership and, maybe, one or two other would also so I would think the Scottish Premier League is at least at higher English Championship level. I would be interested in your thoughts on that. But whatever, you have got a really good player for a steal.

Thanks Walter. You must be missing Ibrox during the lockdown 

4 minutes ago, Blue Walter said:

You have got your man then, unfortunately. You are right Pompey fans are livid at this one and most of us would rather see Kenny Jackett join you instead of Haunstrup. I just can not see the sense of letting a good young player go who is more than good enough for League 1 football. I don't know how the general standard of The Scottish Premier League compares with League 1 in England but I would think it is a step up for Brandon. I would think Celtic would survive in the English Premiership and, maybe, one or two other would also so I would think the Scottish Premier League is at least at higher English Championship level. I would be interested in your thoughts on that. But whatever, you have got a really good player for a steal.

Its all about money if we are to compare the various Leagues. Celtic and Rangers if they played in English PL would bring in top players as the money they would earn would be massive, Remember their fan base is world wide. The rest of the SPL would be a mixed bag, One of two could compete in the Championship. Most would be lower Championship and one or two DIV 1. 

They days of our smaller clubs spending money on transfers are over. Spend £100,000 on a player or bring in out of contract , I don't think their would be much difference.

We do need League reconstruction imo though. The 12 Team league does not lend itself to bring in young players as your only three defeats away from falling down the table.

I watch all the various Leagues down south on TV. I ll watch anything. We have Clubs that will play more football than some of the teams in DIV 1/2. But i can relate more to those Clubs than say a Club paying someone £250,000 a week to sit on the bench.

Scottish Football is honest and still the working mans game , Unlike top EPL sides were its all money and superstars only after the money and not so much the love of the game. The fans up here are loyal , Clubs like us don't attract glory hunters. Loyal fans and a club with a family atmosphere. Scotland only has a small population , So the Fan turnout is pretty good.We perhaps average 4500/6000 and on our day can make a good noise. With everywhere pretty easy to travel to, we will take 800/1500 to away games.

Anyway i am delighted to sign your lad, Hope Pompey have a great season and win promotion. If you ever fancy a Holiday in the LAND WERE MEN WEAR SKIRTS and want to see yer boy play at the Theatre of Pies , Its not that far away and our Beer is better.

I don't think that people in England generally think of The Scottish League as being "mickey mouse". Certainly not the Scottish Premier League any way in fact I think it is widely accepted that both Celtic and Rangers would rival the big clubs down here. Portsmouth supporters see Haunstrup's move to Kilmarnock as a step up for him and one that he can make a success of. The Scottish football I see on television is generally good to watch and it seems to be more attack minded than some of our clubs. I think the big difference notable today is that we see far less Scottish players in the English Leagues than we used to see. I don't why this is but you wonder if Scotland is producing less talented players than they used to or could it be that more foreign players are taking their place? I think we have only one Scottish player here at Portsmouth but several foreigners. There does seem to be more English players going North of the border than there used to be so I wonder if this a sign of anything. Money has certainly taken hold of the English game but so too has foreign owners and I think this is detrimental to our game as a working man's activity. There is a lot of glory hunters among supporters as well where it makes me cringe when someone describes themselves as a 'big United fan' or a 'massive Liverpool fan' when you know that means they see them on telly sometimes. There is fervent support down here as well and most clubs have a fervent loyal section in their supporters ranks. Portsmouth are seen as one of the more fanatical and loyal followings in the country. I think stadiums have changed supporters outlook as well and it has taken time to get the rank and file supporters used to it. Going to games at Wembley Stadium is more like going to the theater with our best frocks on but this is now seen as quite normal now and the support of the national team at Wembley has become fervent again.

8 hours ago, Blue Walter said:

I don't think that people in England generally think of The Scottish League as being "mickey mouse". Certainly not the Scottish Premier League any way in fact I think it is widely accepted that both Celtic and Rangers would rival the big clubs down here. Portsmouth supporters see Haunstrup's move to Kilmarnock as a step up for him and one that he can make a success of.

I think you're giving the game away mate. That's what they tell us!

Nice to hear he sounds like a good player, hope he adjusts to our game. Sure if he works hard he will do well.

Hope you keep up to date with Haunstrup and Kilmarnock. Can only be a good thing for us to have another body outside of Scotland looking for us to do well.