Dom Thomas Away?

CTRoss

From the Courier

EXCLUSIVE: Dunfermline secure sell-on clause for Kevin Nisbet and signing spree will begin with Dom Thomas

Dunfermline fans can expect to see a signing spree once the Kevin Nisbet transfer fee is banked, with Dom Thomas set to be unveiled as a Pars player.

The wide midfielder arrived at East End Park on loan from Kilmarnock in January and has impressed manager Stevie Crawford.

Courier Sport understands that the former Motherwell man’s permanent transfer will soon be confirmed.

Deals for strikers Declan McManus, an ex-Par recently released by Ross County, and Alloa’s Kevin O’Hara are also close to being concluded.

Crawford has already recruited defenders Paul Watson and Steven Whittaker for the new campaign.

Ex-Falkirk, St Johnstone and Hamilton Accies midfielder Blair Alston is also believed to be on Dunfermline’s radar.

Meanwhile, The Courier can reveal that the East End Park club are extremely satisfied with the deal they negotiated with Hibs for Nisbet.

As well as the six-figure fee up front, there is a substantial sell-on clause which could prove to be lucrative if Nisbet’s career rise continues.

1 minute ago, King said:

Why would we let him go for nothing? They’ve got £250k for Nisbet. £50k For Thomas would be very helpful right now. 

If we're not going to play him I'd imagine freeing up the wage would suit us well enough. I'd love 50k for him. Just can't see it

Just now, killieblue said:

I would rather we kept him for coming off of the bench if we are struggling. But if not then all the best to him. 

Clearly he iant going to make it with us, so clear the wages and spend it on someone else or free the space for Connell to come off the bench.

On the anniversary of our trip to Rhyl, I find myself in Groundhog Day conditions, very similar to a previous recent transfer window, linked with this one and that one, sending out fringe players ( who were much better than the incoming) , then the signing targets disappeared elsewhere and we brought in people like St Clair etc, please do not do this again Killie. Oh and as for DT23 £10k would be nice.

4 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Would be interested to know what we pay Thomas. Am I being too hopeful in imagining that its a wage that could be used to take a punt on someone who could be better but isn't likely to be any worse? Would be a good bit of business if so. 

Wouldn’t imagine it will be a massive amount. Couple with budget we already have available and it might bring us into the market for a player previously out of reach or a contribution towards a loan player. 

Seem to have same talk about Thomas each season he has been here, from the early games he looked a great prospect but then his form tailed off for some reasons....Then he went out on loan, came back ...when given a chance looked ok but again his form then dropped off ...then same thing happened when he returned from his next loan.....

If not deemed by another manager to be capable of playing a part this season then using his wages to find a better option is best thing for all.....IF we do find that better option 

Thot he always looked not bad in the league cup format when we played against lower league opposition (coincidence) didn't quite replicate this in the league, maybe championship is his level... 

as he's under contract we should be looking for a fee but i wouldn't be holding clubs to ransom if they want him, 

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

Always felt Thomas wasn't given a fair go. He got into good nick last season, had good delivery and liked a shot. Always excelled on loan.

That's four managers now though that didn't seem to fancy him. Must be a reason. 

He’s probably one of the longest serving players in the squad. He’s had plenty of chances to prove he deserves a start and he didn’t take them. He won’t be missed.  

If he does go back to Dunfermline I’d be shocked if we look for a fee. The freeing up of a wage for a squad player would be incentive enough I’d think.

The fact we’ve got Burke,Kiltie, McKenzie and Pinnock who can all play wide, I doubt he’d get much of a look in anyway as I’m sure I read the reason he went on loan in January was because Dyer didn’t fancy him.