Dom Thomas Away?

CTRoss

Good ability. For some reason none of the managers fancied him, enough managers now have had a look. Greg Taylor said in his interview with Darvel that his ability is as good as anyone in the league but unfortunately just won't offer anything else. Maybe just not well rounded enough. His size probably doesn't help either, the guys Dyer is looking at seem to be bigger, more athletic guys.

If we get a left back in I wouldn't be surprised to see Waters let go too.

1 minute ago, Pompey Exile said:

I've not heard that phrase used before

Does it mean both clubs wrote a number on a bit of paper and when they did the big reveal it was the same. Can’t imagine we will have received a huge sum for him. Maybe a few grand to cover what we’ve already payed him this season. Any more than that and we’ve done well for a fringe player. 

5 minutes ago, piffer said:

Does it mean both clubs wrote a number on a bit of paper and when they did the big reveal it was the same. Can’t imagine we will have received a huge sum for him. Maybe a few grand to cover what we’ve already payed him this season. Any more than that and we’ve done well for a fringe player. 

Exactly!we would give him £3.47 to leave and Pars pay us £3.47 for his signature. 

2 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Enjoys being one of the best players in the league below. When given a chance he wasn’t as effective. Main man in a poorer team seems to suit him. Tbf he had leaned out a bit and done no to bad but never merited an extra year. Same with Waters imo. 

This observation is spot on. 

He was always going to leave at end of season. Dyer said at the AGM that he wasn’t in his plans and was up to him to force his way into the team. Obviously that never happened. If we got a fee it will be next to nothing but I’d imagine we can use the salary to bring someone else in. 

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

He always conducted himself well with respect to Killie in the media.  Fair play and best of luck.   Talent is there,  and perhaps if we had a thread about lower level mavericks he would end up on that.

Always a bit of the gallus swagger about him, but not able to back it up at pur level.

1 hour ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Wouldn’t expect much cash for a fringe player, especially in current circumstances. I’d hope the club had the sense to put a sell on clause in the deal.

Iirc, Motherwell are due a percentage of any fee we got for him as part of the deal when we signed him from them.....

5 hours ago, chubbs said:

Did ok when coming on as a sub but he never had anywhere near the same impact when starting a game.  His best performances were in his first few matches when he had Burke coaching him through games.

A few grand for him is decent business.

Disagree, DT has a talent which in my opinion is worth cultivating. I watch the reserves regularly. DT and Iain Wilson were by far the best players and now both are gone. There is a HUGE gulf between the reserves and the first team. If we can’t promote the best players from the reserves and integrate them into the first team then there is no point in having a reserve team. Better to nurture our best than import transient mediocrity from English non league outfits.

Good luck Dom. Hope you do well.