Trust Club Director update - July 2020

Very good to get these regular updates and providing some information and addressing one or 2 current issues 

Noted that fewer than 5% of ST holders last season had asked for a refund......which shows again the true backing from fans even in the current circumstances along with backing for the trust and getting shares......and hopefully ST sales will continue to increase 

It's good they're taking on board comments about the poor content of shop but they should've done that in first place. Sounds like the technical faults were the web company not the club.

Interesting the club not keen on the SPFL having powers over Covid related decisions, but then given the ineptitude of the governing bodies maybe no suprise

Good to get these reports and looks like the shop was PM’s area of responsibility. 1750 seasons, not a great increase, and half of Motherwell’s and less than half of Dundee Utd’s. Difficult to complete for players if this keeps up. Could be as much as 500k extra for the other clubs to use for wages as it stands. Three or four decent salaries or two high quality. 

42 minutes ago, the big ring said:

very sad to hear some staff members have lost their jobs. It's easy to forget about the non playing employees and hope they get sorted with their situations.

Very sad indeed. 

I hope they get fixed up, which won’t be easy these days.

I expect the board did it as a last resort, but that is no consolation. 

Also, how does it work outsourcing our financial management to our accountants? I suppose they won’t be allowed to audit themselves so we will need to appoint new auditors. 

54 minutes ago, skygod said:

Also, how does it work outsourcing our financial management to our accountants? I suppose they won’t be allowed to audit themselves so we will need to appoint new auditors. 

There are ethical issues which can be resolved by putting certain safeguards in place eg separate audit & accounts teams, second/external reviews - only available for Private unquoted companies