Bomber?

Shropshire_killie

5 hours ago, Fankle said:

Thought it might have been a Dakota but the leading edge of the wings looks a bit too square to the fuselage. 

It looks like it's got D day markings on it. I'm thinking  its some kinda transport  I've failed to find anything about it. It was heading in the Cosford direction. I'll post if I find out. Quite often see the bi planes overhead doing aerobatics as there is an  airfield nearby at Sleap, An old RAF site. 

8 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

It looks like it's got D day markings on it. I'm thinking  its some kinda transport  I've failed to find anything about it. It was heading in the Cosford direction. I'll post if I find out. Quite often see the bi planes overhead doing aerobatics as there is an  airfield nearby at Sleap, An old RAF site. 

Nothing in the Shropshire Star or whatever it's called ? Flight Radar can go back seven days but I've never found out how to do it. 

Would have said a Mosquito based on the wingplan layout but I am not aware of any airworthy examples in the UK.

Wrong wing shape to be the BBMF Dakota.

Anson would be a good shout. My other thought was a Dragon Rapide since the two accompanying aircraft are biplanes

The Anson was not a fighter. As our learned colleague Ken says they were transport, comms and army liason craft.

I’m with you on the Mosquito, one of the most important bombers during the war due to the fact it was made over a wooden frame, was so fast that the German fighters couldn’t keep up and any “hits”went right through them but did not normally affect their ability to fly. Several crucial bombing raids carried out using this aircraft. There were several Mosquito built and used by a number of countries, a product of De Haviland.

• 10 months later...
4 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Chinese fighter plane cuppla miles up the road at Sleap airfield.(I assume its Chinese....).  Flies over my hoose. Fast,  noisy little beastie. You can book a ride in it. 

20210615_125232.jpg

Yak-11 I think. Soviet.

Looks about right. From my Jane's guide to vintage aircraft.

IMG_20210615_171339.jpg.066f3dc20603746f10b54b1c3214fb83.jpg