Hibs away

kfc_superteam

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We'll sign some, as we can barely put out a starting 11 as it stands.

They'll just be s**te on current sales levels.

As people have said elsewhere. It's a total catch 22. We had a chance to build on 2019, and between the board, both managers across the season, and the players. Fans have been let down massively and have no reason to be excited about the coming season

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

As people have said elsewhere. It's a total catch 22. We had a chance to build on 2019, and between the board, both managers across the season, and the players. Fans have been let down massively and have no reason to be excited about the coming season

We don’t operate on a model of constant success. Some fans are currently letting the club down in their hour of need. It’s not happening to this extent anywhere else. 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

We don’t operate on a model of constant success. Some fans are currently letting the club down in their hour of need. It’s not happening to this extent anywhere else. 

Do you know that for sure? Wonder what every other clubs income from season ticket sales is in comparison to previous seasons? 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

Pretty much, yes. Checked their sites. 

Would be good if you could compile this for a comparison. Killie probably a bigger drop in terms of numbers due to no free U16 but in terms of income it may not be that great. 

52 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Would be good if you could compile this for a comparison. Killie probably a bigger drop in terms of numbers due to no free U16 but in terms of income it may not be that great. 

I would imagine we need around 3000 to not be down on income.

Starting team atm for me.

Lyle 

mcgowan broadfoot Findlay waters

Burke power dicker mckenzie 

brophy kabamba 

kiltie, millen, pinnock, el makrini, Cameron, Connell, Taylor

apart from keeper we can put a decent team out. definitely light for depth but not as far away as first thought. 

31 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Lyle 

brophy kabamba 

apart from keeper we can put a decent team out. definitely light for depth but not as far away as first thought. 

Personally would prefer El Makrini instead of Dicker but the team isn’t looking back right now... 3 or 4 signings should largely do us

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

Lyle 

brophy kabamba 

If that's what we can put out then i get the fear

I don’t think that team is too far off it to be honest. Definitely need a new keeper and a backup. For me a starting CB ahead of Broadfoot also a must. A new starting LB would be next but I’m willing to give Waters a start at the moment. Be interested to see what we do with Pinnock whether he will start on the left or not. Also whether Brophy and Kabamba are the starting strikers I’d we add more bodies in that role.

22 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

7 of them would have started in majority of Clarke’s teams. Solid if uninspiring. A few additions makes that not bad. 

I think we need to move away from this mentality. Clarke is no longer here and this was effectively two years ago (players older and some potentially slower). The 7 that you speak of also started nearly every game under Dyer last season and we were in free fall heading towards a relegation battle after a promising start. Was this because they felt they couldn't be dropped after the success of the previous season? Was it due to the lack of competition for places so they could dial in their performances as no one was nipping at their heels for that spot? I think it was a combination of both and something we really need to avoid repeating this season.

Edited by MuirP

Momentum goes a long way to how you perform in a season, the players there are the same ones of the Clarke era they have shown what they're capable of. Where I 100% agree that holding onto the idea of the Clarke team is baseless now and we need to build something new under AD,  I think the chopping and changing and general distraction throughout the season put us where we were. Starting keeper, left back and good competition at centre half I'd say we're good to go.

59 minutes ago, MuirP said:

I think we need to move away from this mentality. Clarke is no longer here and this was effectively two years ago (players older and some potentially slower). The 7 that you speak of also started nearly every game under Dyer last season and we were in free fall heading towards a relegation battle after a promising start. Was this because they felt they couldn't be dropped after the success of the previous season? Was it due to the lack of competition for places so they could dial in their performances as no one was nipping at their heels for that spot? I think it was a combination of both and something we really need to avoid repeating this season.

I agree we need competition for places I meant that those players have performed to a good level in the past. As it stands if we brought no one else in they would be the starters.

they are a dependable backbone of the team for the most part. Of the 7 I mentioned, Power rarely has a bad game, burke was superb last season despite his age. Age or pace shouldn’t be an issue for Brophy Findlay and mckenzie. Their added experience should make them better if anything.

I fully expect (hope) that we bring in some fresh faces to challenge the likes of broadfoot and dicker in particular as they are mega slow.

The good teams of the past had that special player to make The average spine of a team great. The likes of Naismith eremenko mulumbu Stewart etc. If we can pick someone like that up then We should be in a better position. 

Its starting to bug me reading about "those 7 players".

Those 7 players have played for 4 managers together as a team. They have performed regularly for 1 of those managers. 

All it does is speak for Clarke more than the players. We are aiming for top 6 as fans anyway. 

Out of the 7 players. Who gets in the Aberdeen/Hibs/Motherwell team? For me only Burke and Findlay. Possibly Power if he is at his best.