Hibs away

kfc_superteam

3 hours ago, CB said:

'Sky Bridge' holiday. Sure, your bank is in Scotland, but you just happen to be on holiday in *fill in the blank*

Or your buying a gift subscription for your long lost Killue supporting friend overseas. The permutations are endless, the location of the paying bank is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Guff92 said:

It will be season ticket holders only I assume. PPV not being available doesn’t mean our “international” fans can’t watch. They always have away game access.

How do they get access if it's only Hibs season-ticket holders getting access ?  Hibs own foreign supporters aren't getting to ppv. 

Say someone downloaded a vpn app a phone and signed up for international killie tv on the phone with the vpn app would they then be able to sign in to killie tv on their tv without a vpn and it would still be the international subscription?

asking for a friend......

12 minutes ago, KillieChap said:

Say someone downloaded a vpn app a phone and signed up for international killie tv on the phone with the vpn app would they then be able to sign in to killie tv on their tv without a vpn and it would still be the international subscription?

asking for a friend......

No, you would need the VPN on the tv

1 minute ago, Arderkilliesier said:

They're obviously terrified of us and don't want the humiliating massacre transmitted live.....

Mind the last time they pulled something like this. Refused to let the telly buy another live game. And then...

Wonder what happened after this game...

9 minutes ago, CB said:

Mind the last time they pulled something like this. Refused to let the telly buy another live game. And then...

Wonder what happened after this game...

They did that to try and sell out the ground with their own fans and failed miserably.

Thankfully their play off with Hamilton was televised as it was hilarious.

9 hours ago, LH31 said:

Could Killie not take their streaming service equipment and broadcast it? 

We should already have access to the stream. As far as I’m aware Kilmarnock international subscribers will have access to the game as per the previous seasons. We just piggyback of the HibsTV stream So have to listen to their commentary. 

Doubt it’s possible but we could have sold it as PPV and gave Hibs the money made from it. That way hibs don't deal with the hassle of PPV and the Killie fans get to watch the opening game. I’m guessing the broadcasting agreement wouldn’t allow this to work. 

On 7/29/2020 at 8:54 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

They did that to try and sell out the ground with their own fans and failed miserably.

Thankfully their play off with Hamilton was televised as it was hilarious.

This was a great - A good support with us as well taking over 2k.

Jackson Irvine played well that day. 

Well said AD 

#######

Kilmarnock gaffer Alex Dyer admits he’s “gutted” at Hibs’ refusal to budge in their 
pay-per-view talks.

Rugby Park fans will be the only ones in the entire country unable to watch the big kick-off when their team plays at Easter Road

Although the SPFL are allowing clubs to sell one-off matches on a pay-per-view basis, Hibs have chosen not to take the option for the opener with the contest available only to their own season-ticket holders.

After months without action, it’s a desperate blow for the Ayrshire faithful and Dyer admits he’s disappointed at the decision with people desperate to get their football fix again.

He said: “I’m so sorry the supporters won’t be able to see the match, 
it’s disappointing  “I know the board were involved in talks and they were trying their best but Hibs are just not budging.

“Each club looks after their own, I don’t think we would have done the same but everyone has to do what they feel’s right for their club. They’re not worried about what’s right for Kilmarnock.

“The fans have been through the mill, they’ve missed that atmosphere of going to a game.

“Football is a release, people work hard all week and, whatever life’s thrown at them, they can come and watch the football.

“I’m gutted for the fans because I know they would have been desperate to see our first game of the season.

“But we will try and do our best for the supporters and ensure we get the right result for them.

“We just have to make sure we go there and put on a performance.”

Better news for Dyer arrived with First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announcing fans may be able to return to stadiums with a reduced capacity in mid-September. He said: “It’s going to be fantastic. It’ll be nice to get supporters back at a game.

“Our stadium is big and we can social distance. At least we could have a few in the ground to watch the games. It would be nice.”

Meanwhile, Dyer revealed signing target Aaron Tshibola and skipper Gary Dicker could be shock last-minute additions to the squad for tomorrow’s Premiership opener against Hibs.