Hibs away

kfc_superteam

Doesn't look like Hibs are planning single game purchase of match streams

Hibs reveal new test event as club updates fans on matches ahead of Kilmarnock clash - http://newsnow.co.uk/share?u=https%3A//www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-reveal-new-test-event-club-updates-fans-matches-ahead-kilmarnock-clash-2921448&sgt=shv2&sg=e8eaf4bd&sid=4

Edited by Killie Conman

21 minutes ago, Killie Conman said:

Hibs reveal new test event as club updates fans on matches ahead of Kilmarnock clash - http://newsnow.co.uk/share?u=https%3A//www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-reveal-new-test-event-club-updates-fans-matches-ahead-kilmarnock-clash-2921448&sgt=shv2&sg=e8eaf4bd&sid=4

Sounds like their live streaming effort is as much of a s**tshow as ours.

It will be downright stupid for clubs to not let people purchase single game streams. In the current climate every penny counts, if for example Hibs who have cut staff last few months miss out on say 500+ Killie fans willing to part with money, and I'm sure we'll be the same.

We need someone who can market this entire league, we are talking lots of lost money if away fans can't pay to view

3 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

It will be downright stupid for clubs to not let people purchase single game streams. In the current climate every penny counts, if for example Hibs who have cut staff last few months miss out on say 500+ Killie fans willing to part with money, and I'm sure we'll be the same.

We need someone who can market this entire league, we are talking lots of lost money if away fans can't pay to view

Clubs might not get the choice...SKY hold the keys to this and were the ones who agreed to letting season ticket holders have the stream in the 1st place

4 minutes ago, KillieDJ said:

Clubs might not get the choice...SKY hold the keys to this and were the ones who agreed to letting season ticket holders have the stream in the 1st place

True but I thought that would only apply to chosen games on Sky? Or do they have control over any games being broadcast?

It's crazy to think of the money that'll be lost. If SKY do hold the keys they should have done a league season ticket and split the funds equally amongst the teams! Now there's an idea to shake things up

42 minutes ago, Killie Conman said:

There's nothing in that article to suggest what you are suggesting!

I sincerely hope to Christ we get to watch this. Will be a travesty to football fans if you can't watch an away game unless it's on sky until earliest October. The way things are shaping up and the rumours still floating about I think this could be the potential line up for the opening game.

LINEUP111595451333824.png

7 minutes ago, MuirP said:

I sincerely hope to Christ we get to watch this. Will be a travesty to football fans if you can't watch an away game unless it's on sky until earliest October. The way things are shaping up and the rumours still floating about I think this could be the potential line up for the opening game.

Mckenzie? 

1 minute ago, LH31 said:

Mckenzie? 

Think he will be a sub for either Pinnock or Burke on the wings, bring him on as fresh legs to attack the defence as they tire. Will get a better idea this weekend as I imagine dyer will start with the 11 he will be planning on being his starting team.

31 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

True but I thought that would only apply to chosen games on Sky? Or do they have control over any games being broadcast?

It's crazy to think of the money that'll be lost. If SKY do hold the keys they should have done a league season ticket and split the funds equally amongst the teams! Now there's an idea to shake things up

I am sure they have exclusivity over all matches and whether they can be broadcast.

It also seems strange that a lot of games kick off at the usual 3pm on Saturday slot...even if only radio, you could have had live BBC Scotland commentary for every single match until fans are allowed back in.

10 hours ago, MuirP said:

Broadfoot and McKenzie will both play ahead of Pinnock and Rossi. Broadfoot more likely to be wearing the armband with Dicker out for a couple of weeks. With Dicker out gives us a shot to jumble about the midfield to see what works best.

Hibs away is a tough fixture. Fancy a hard working midfield. Malian and Allan good on ball but can be overrun. Let Power loose on Gogic.

Bachmann (Rogers)

McGowan Broadfoot Findlay Haunstrup 

Burke Power El Makrini McKenzie 

Brophy Kabamba

Rossi,Millen,Kiltie,Pinnock,Whitehall,Cameron, Taylor 

Quite an inexperienced bench. Shows me we need another 2/3 players. Especially if we get injuries. Tish /CB maybe Hooper or another number 10 type. 

25 minutes ago, carpetfitter said:

Away from home, close em down game - Rory will play. 

Agreed. Hibs are tough opponents and usually the only midfield that gets an edge on Power.  They've lost Docherty but I am sure they will recruit well. Start with Rory and Burke and introduce Pinnock / Kiltie as the game develops. 

3 hours ago, theboyjohnston said:

Agreed. Hibs are tough opponents and usually the only midfield that gets an edge on Power.  They've lost Docherty but I am sure they will recruit well. Start with Rory and Burke and introduce Pinnock / Kiltie as the game develops. 

I think in the first game the majority will be folk from last season. Excepting GK, LB and RB it will all be as you were. Gives Dyer and Mullen a chance to talk to the boys on the bench throughout the game and develop their understanding of what Dyer will want them to do when they get brought on. Folks can say what they like about Rory but he can execute what's expected from him in terms of tracking players, sticking to the plan and getting about the pitch so think he will start too. 

Rory will be first name on the team sheet against Hibs. Every manager we've had in the last decade sees the value of his pressing game in a difficult away fixture. It's a shame a lot of fans still don't recognise the contribution he makes in these sort of fixtures. He certainly won't make way for a right sided player brought in to challenge Burke.

29 minutes ago, livvy said:

Rory will be first name on the team sheet against Hibs. Every manager we've had in the last decade sees the value of his pressing game in a difficult away fixture. It's a shame a lot of fans still don't recognise the contribution he makes in these sort of fixtures. He certainly won't make way for a right sided player brought in to challenge Burke.

People get a bit obsessed with assist and goals stats they forgot what other qualities players bring to the game. 

If you were to look at Firminho’s goals and assists for Liverpool as their number 9 you wouldn’t be too impressed but there is much more to his game. Even a player like Bergkamps record in the PL wasn’t great for a forward. Obviously not comparing either of these players with McKenzie but just that their is much more to football than solely goals and assists. 

If Mckenzie could add 10 goals or assist per season to his game, he probably wouldn’t be at killie. 

39 minutes ago, livvy said:

Even I agree with this, always have.

I seem to get misinterpreted though because I don’t think he’s good at producing the goods goalscoring/assisting wise.

19 hours ago, Killie Conman said:

pubs will have it , only thing is with the time delay some clown or more than one will tell you there’s been a goal before you see it on the tv screen