Zeno Ibsen Rossi

Souleycouley93

• 3 weeks later...

Zeno Rossi admits that playing with someone that has the experience Kirk Broadfoot does is huge for his progression.

The on-loan Bournemouth defender has been working closely with veteran Broadfoot, who has racked up over 500 appearances – including a UEFA Cup final.

And Rossi says having someone like that beside him at Kilmarnock has been great for his progress.

Speaking exclusively to the Kilmarnock Standard, Rossi said: “Working with experienced guys is great, Broadfoot especially.

“He has been around, he has been there and done that.

“He has been giving me a lot of advice, he talks to me a lot and gives me little tips whether it’s positioning or something.

“It’s really helpful having someone with that experience here as he has played hundreds of games.”

He added: “The gaffer helps me as well, whenever he sees anything he gives me a word.

“To be fair I think he does that with everyone, but he played my position so I know I can ask him anything.”

Rossi made his professional debut as he starred for Killie in a 4-0 win over Dundee United two weeks ago.

He played out of position as he was used at right-back rather than his preferred centre-back – but he admits he’d play anywhere.

He said: “I have settled in well I think. The lads and all of the staff have helped me settle in, I didn’t expect to feel so settled so quickly so I am really happy about that.

“I loved making my professional debut, it was a great experience.

“I don’t care what position I play, I will play anywhere I am needed, I am just happy to play.

“I don’t think you’ll find many taller full-backs than me!

“But seriously, it was great to make my debut and it was obviously a great result too.

“It doesn’t get any better than starting with a 4-0 win and the clean sheet.

“Hopefully now we can kick-on and grab some wins in the next few games.”

He added: “Playing games for the Under-23s down in England is nothing compared to what it’s like up here.

“Even though there’s cups and competitions, it doesn’t feel as important as the professional games do.

“When you are training here all week getting ready for matches you know what’s on the line.

“You know how important it is in every training session, and you are fighting to get into the team so that’s a big change and one that’s going to help me a lot and it’s one of the main reasons I came up here.”

Lochlin Highet.