Iain Wilson

Scouser2

45 minutes ago, skyhigh said:

Was sorry to see the lad go as I rated him.  I hope he kicks on and does well there.  

Aye. 

Played out of position at CB a couple of times too.

A run of games was what he needed but too often he only started as cover for injuries.

Had to battle for a place against Power, Dicker ,El Makrini, Tshibola and Mulumbu in recent seasons.  No easy feat.

18 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Remind me of Davie McFarlane brilliant one minute mediocre the next , good luck to him though

My recollection of Davie McFarlane was that he was brilliant on loan and absolute dung the second he signed permanently for us.

1 hour ago, EKX16 said:

Yes we did but did we not sell Paul Martin to Hamilton Accies. Did we get £60,000 for Paul Martin ?

If I remember correctly we sold Ian Bryson to Sheffield United for £40000 and Paul Martin to Hamilton for £60000 then bought McFarlane who had been brilliant on loan for the £100000. Apparently, from a guy who knew him from boys football and kept in touch,  he felt his career was over after he was sold by Rangers and he just couldn't see it any other way which became a downward spiral sadly.

Iain Wilson stuck out a mile in reserve games but just couldn’t break into the first team. I’m sure we would have been pleased to keep him but he wanted to play and decided to move on. He’s a right good passer of the ball and can take it in tight situations.

All the best to him, I’m sure there is a right decent player in him, I for one am sorry he left. 

Sure that will turn out a good move for both him and Thomas.

What he needed was for a regular CM to get an injury and for himself to get an extended run in the team.

It didn't happen (unfortunately for him). I reckon he'll blossom at the Pars, and good luck to him.

We'll always have that winning goal against Dundee. One of my favourite games of the Steve Clarke era.

10 hours ago, Dcktid91 said:

Didn't even get a run of games before being dismissed and you get folk like mckenzie who somehow always end up in or around the team.  Disgrace to let him go 

McKenzie is a good player... Personally rate him and think he’s a cracking advert for our youth system and the opportunity for young players... Very intelligent lad and quite a consistent player too

However, writing was clearly on the wall for Wilson when Dyer talked about him at the AGM... He said he’d asked Wilson to fight for his place in the squad as he would get chances to play, but Wilson told Dyer he wanted a loan and you could tell Dyer was not happy about it at all...