St mirren

16 minutes ago, theboyjohnston said:

I think Goodwin will do OK, his team will be fit and they'll scrap for every point. Whether that can sustain a top six challenge who knows - the difference is usually combining that mentality with a talisman striker who will chip in 20+ goals. Obika could have that in his locker.

I’d be targeting 3rd with a 20+ goals a season striker. I think the majority of the managers in the league would feel the same. 

TBH , don’t really see anything that wrong in the full interview he did .....seemed to be saying he is always ambitious and wants St Mirren going into a season to be that way too and trying to rally supporters to be more positive ....pointing to likes of what Livingston have achieved etc ..

still feel they will be closer to the bottom of the table myself though....

42 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I’d be targeting 3rd with a 20+ goals a season striker. I think the majority of the managers in the league would feel the same. 

Needs more than that. Killie / Boyd, Ross County / Boyce, Motherwell / Higdon, St Mirren / Mehmet  examples of 20+ strikers and finishing out with top 3.

17 minutes ago, theboyjohnston said:

Needs more than that. Killie / Boyd, Ross County / Boyce, Motherwell / Higdon, St Mirren / Mehmet  examples of 20+ strikers and finishing out with top 3.

Boyd only got 18 (unless we’re counting the season he transferred to rangers and then he finished higher than 3rd. Higdon appears to have finished 2nd with Motherwell in 2012/13. Boyce I’ll give you even though seven of his goals came in the bottom six end of season fixtures. I can’t find Mehmet scoring 20+, which season was this?

59 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Boyd only got 18 (unless we’re counting the season he transferred to rangers and then he finished higher than 3rd. Higdon appears to have finished 2nd with Motherwell in 2012/13. Boyce I’ll give you even though seven of his goals came in the bottom six end of season fixtures. I can’t find Mehmet scoring 20+, which season was this?

Will you give me Boyd 22 goals 2013/14 if I admit Mehmet was a brain fart?

2 minutes ago, theboyjohnston said:

Will you give me Boyd 22 goals 2013/14 if I admit Mehmet was a brain fart?

Sorry, can’t give you Boyd 19 goals 2013/14 as cup goals don’t count towards a league finishing place. You can have Stevie May 22 goals and fourth place as a consolation from the same season though. 

6 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Sorry, can’t give you Boyd 19 goals 2013/14 as cup goals don’t count towards a league finishing place. You can have Stevie May 22 goals and fourth place as a consolation from the same season though. 

Boyd scored 22 in the league that season. We got papped out the league cup 1-0 to accies. Lost 5-2 in our first round of the cup to the arabs. Barr & Johnston scored for us.

16 minutes ago, CB said:

Boyd scored 22 in the league that season. We got papped out the league cup 1-0 to accies. Lost 5-2 in our first round of the cup to the arabs. Barr & Johnston scored for us.

Fair enough. However even at that 20+ goal a season strikers finishing outside the top three are the exception rather than the rule.