Closed Doors Rugby Park

Andy

I fear I may already know the answer to this, but...............

What are  the club doing around the stadium for our closed door games.

Would love to see flags laid out in main stand, would actually consider buying one if this was to happen.

Also like the cut out fans some clubs have done, Leeds was a good example.

Any other ideas ????

3 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

If we dont do the cardboard fans thing, the club are turning down easy money. They really don't help themselves at times. 

It seems sometimes that they can’t even copy and execute a good idea from elsewhere. We are pretty amateur on the commercial side. 

You can see in the few pictures from today's game that Motherwell already have some fan cutouts in the stands, Hamilton have a deal in place for cutouts (unsure if they actually have any in the stand yet). Infuriatingly again we are trailing, an easy way for fans to get more money into the club.

14 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

The cutouts would need to go in frank Beattie stand or Moffat. Lots of other clubs have done it and it’s easy money. Bit of a laugh aswell 

Can see why you’d put one in the Frank Beattie but not the Moffat . Even  for cut outs the leg room is poor :) 

59 minutes ago, Andy said:

I fear I may already know the answer to this, but...............

What are  the club doing around the stadium for our closed door games.

Would love to see flags laid out in main stand, would actually consider buying one if this was to happen.

Also like the cut out fans some clubs have done, Leeds was a good example.

Any other ideas ????

mentioned the cardboard cut outs on the forums weeks ago.  Was shot down by most on here.  Leeds were charging £25 we would probably charge £2500, not sure fans will be quick to give the club credit card details. I won't be buying anything from the shop unless its a cash transaction 

20 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

The club can’t even manage to sell season tickets at the ground never mind do things like cardboard cut outs 

To be fair on the season ticket front they've moved all that online and modernised the process by having the ticket stored on a device. Most clubs do the same.

SLO has asked for flags. Emailed back to say he will be in touch. Nothing back yet so no idea if will be happening or not. 
would be great to get the cardboard cutouts. My wee boy would think it’s amazing and a few of my mates who support the filth will be raging when I pay for them to be there!

Baz, I honestly think that these would sell like hot cakes , the novelty value alone, trying to find your face on tv, and you get to keep it after we get back to games. They could be autographed by players too, even auld Crabbit buggers like me would buy one of these. 
A bit of research by the club as to interest could still be doable prior to getting season up and running.

Would it have to be done by the club? Could an enterprising entrepreneur not do it?

If the club doesn't think that enough people would pay £20 for a laugh to make it worth its while, I think we have to respect that.

If the demand is there, and a decent profit could be turned, wouldn't someone step up and promote it?

28 minutes ago, skygod said:

Would it have to be done by the club? Could an enterprising entrepreneur not do it?

If the club doesn't think that enough people would pay £20 for a laugh to make it worth its while, I think we have to respect that.

If the demand is there, and a decent profit could be turned, wouldn't someone step up and promote it?

Surely the fact that these “boards” would be situated inside RP would mean the club  would have the final say.

Also think that enterprising entrepreneurs may be tied up thinking of ways to save their own companies post COVID , perhaps the salaried Marketing team could come up with some ideas.

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

Baz, I honestly think that these would sell like hot cakes , the novelty value alone, trying to find your face on tv, and you get to keep it after we get back to games. They could be autographed by players too, even auld Crabbit buggers like me would buy one of these. 
A bit of research by the club as to interest could still be doable prior to getting season up and running.

Completely right mate and good idea about the players signing them.

If the club asked the Trust or one of the supporters to do this on their behalf I’m sure it could be done without difficulty which makes it more surprising the club haven’t gone ahead and done so.

Sell them for £10 and then every game make some kind of random draw related to them to win something or whatever. I would certainly buy one and if even 500 did (personally I think it would be about double that) then it’s still extra income coming in. Turn it into a laugh - first cut out to get hit with a ball on camera wins a free strip etc.

For the supporters buses give them the option to all “sit” together as cardboard cutouts. Let businesses buy them for advertising. If someone wants to spend £100 to get a giant cutout covering 10 seats let them.

As long as the club actually ask someone (again I’m sure a supporter could help, I would) to check the images as they come in to make sure there isn’t any Osama Bin Laden incidents.

Surely it’s just a no-brainer

3 hours ago, baz said:

I thought the same as most of you, that this would be easy money and a no-brainer, so I I enquired about it. Turns out that it costs a fair few quid and the profit margins are minimal at best. It also looks really bad if the Club launches an initiative like this and not many fans respond, and the Motherwell response by all accounts has been poor. Because it works for the likes of Leeds doesn't necessarily mean it will work for us, the share initiative recently didn't exactly see us rake in millions, and the Club run the risk of being accused of milking the fans constantly...which we've all seen said on here and social media.

Ah I should have actually read this post before posting.

I still think it’s a good idea. We don’t need to make them amazing, surely one of the local printing companies could do something for us at a reasonable price.