Closed Doors Rugby Park

Andy

I don’t think the cardboard cut outs would sell very well at all to be honest. It worked for Leeds cos they are having their best season ever and it was a nice wee novelty. 

I don’t see many of our fans forking out 20 quid a pop for a cardboard cut out, in the off chance they might spot themselves in a streamed game against accies at home. Motherwell offered it and there’s about 40 of them in the stand and just looks daft. 

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

Surely the fact that these “boards” would be situated inside RP would mean the club  would have the final say.

Also think that enterprising entrepreneurs may be tied up thinking of ways to save their own companies post COVID , perhaps the salaried Marketing team could come up with some ideas.

Obviously the club would have to approve having them in the ground but do they have to co-ordinate the manufacture, promotion and sale of them? 

If you think they would sell like hotcakes and there is a healthy profit to be made, wouldn’t an entrepreneur looking for ways to save their company be all over this? 

1 hour ago, Killieboykfc said:

I don’t think the cardboard cut outs would sell very well at all to be honest. It worked for Leeds cos they are having their best season ever and it was a nice wee novelty. 

I don’t see many of our fans forking out 20 quid a pop for a cardboard cut out, in the off chance they might spot themselves in a streamed game against accies at home. Motherwell offered it and there’s about 40 of them in the stand and just looks daft. 

Tend to agree , especially after the post from Baz about a very small profit level meaning no real revenue to the club unless we shifted a relatively high number .......and ( hopefully ) these might be used for only a small number of home games ....

will be good though to see supporters flags over the front rows of the stands facing the cameras if that was allowed  .......maybe even idea of a Trust flag organised ? 

The cardboard cutout thing imo is a passing fad that won’t benefit Killie to any real extent , better to buy shares , tickets or merchandise . As has been pointed out a few hundred , at best , would just look stupid .

My brother lives in Bournemouth and apparently they struggled to sell them , probably due to the season they’re having tbf . 

3 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

will be good though to see supporters flags over the front rows of the stands facing the cameras if that was allowed  .......maybe even idea of a Trust flag organised ? 

The Trust have a massive flag in place already in the East Stand. This is the main idea though and much more visible than cardboard cut outs you can't really see. The Club have 24 from various fans groups and individuals to put up already and are looking for more. You can get your own flag made these days (I'm sure someone will supply a link) and it doesn't cost that much, get your name or your message splashed over a decent sized flag and the Club will stick it up in the stand...within reason of course...seeing a big FREE MONEY flag behind the goals would have a few opposition fans scratching their heids!

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

The cardboard cutout thing imo is a passing fad that won’t benefit Killie to any real extent , better to buy shares , tickets or merchandise . As has been pointed out a few hundred , at best , would just look stupid .

My brother lives in Bournemouth and apparently they struggled to sell them , probably due to the season they’re having tbf . 

Nice place Bournemouth until the interlopers descend to the beaches

10 hours ago, baz said:

The Trust have a massive flag in place already in the East Stand. This is the main idea though and much more visible than cardboard cut outs you can't really see. The Club have 24 from various fans groups and individuals to put up already and are looking for more. You can get your own flag made these days (I'm sure someone will supply a link) and it doesn't cost that much, get your name or your message splashed over a decent sized flag and the Club will stick it up in the stand...within reason of course...seeing a big FREE MONEY flag behind the goals would have a few opposition fans scratching their heids!

Glad to see we are talking about flags and cut outs, my hope was we are at least doing something, great stuff.

Just one question why put a flag in the East stand ??

Also links to flag makers who come recommended would be great, cheers.

9 minutes ago, Andy said:

Glad to see we are talking about flags and cut outs, my hope was we are at least doing something, great stuff.

Was thinking this aswell, Cameras are in the East so would it not be better putting the flags in the Lower Frank beattie or the Moffat? 

15 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

It worked for Leeds as the majority were given away in a package to avoid refunding part of season ticket sales. Leeds did not sell all of those cardboard cutouts for £20 a pop

The approach to this, or more, lack of approach from the club, sums up the stadium management. I understand there must be costs involved to create seat coverings as seen in premiership games but the overall look for televised games is that of something professional and considered. 30 random flags scattered across RP is going to look pretty amateurish. But this reflects our approach to advertising in the stadium and across the ground In general. We have little to no cohesion when it comes to branding/marketing/design.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

There are loads of flag makers on eBay who are all very reasonably priced. That's where I got mine printed.

43 minutes ago, G said:

I understand there must be costs involved to create seat coverings as seen in premiership games but the overall look for televised games is that of something professional and considered.

Do you have any idea of the cost involved in doing this?

The EPL insisted that clubs had uniform stadium appearance and the global marketing value of the coverings is put at between £700k and £2m per match.

It certainly should look "professional and considered"!

51 minutes ago, skygod said:

The EPL insisted that clubs had uniform stadium appearance and the global marketing value of the coverings is put at between £700k and £2m per match.

I’d love to know outlay in relation to Marketing value. I just reckon that you either do it properly or not at all. We seem to find lots of ways to devalue our brand/image rather than nurture it.

7 hours ago, G said:

I’d love to know outlay in relation to Marketing value. I just reckon that you either do it properly or not at all. We seem to find lots of ways to devalue our brand/image rather than nurture it.

Please quote specifics rather than just a broad sweeping generalisation. Personally I think you are talking rubbish and have no answer to the previous point about it costing a fortune, we are nowhere near the same playing field as EPL or even Championship Clubs and the marketing value is a fraction of what the advertisers are looking for. Killie fans will be watching Killie games, unless we are playing either of the bigot brothers no one else cares. The flags are for our own fans to see.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 9:44 AM, G said:

The approach to this, or more, lack of approach from the club, sums up the stadium management. I understand there must be costs involved to create seat coverings as seen in premiership games but the overall look for televised games is that of something professional and considered. 30 random flags scattered across RP is going to look pretty amateurish. But this reflects our approach to advertising in the stadium and across the ground In general. We have little to no cohesion when it comes to branding/marketing/design.

You do realise these seat coverings in the EPL costs them tens of thousands for each stadium?

I think 30 random fans flags in a stadium looks better and less sanitised than daft ones like you see down south that mean f**k all.

To me, the top tier of Villa Park looks far more like a football stadium than the bottom.

Football fans could return to stadiums for start of next season ...

On 7/19/2020 at 6:15 PM, Wrangodog said:

I liked the Twitter post yesterday about somebody standing on a supermarket trolley watching the Hamilton v St Mirren friendly.  Any other Premiership grounds where you can watch the game from outside the ground ?  Houses at the corner of Tannadice ? 

If I hang out an upstairs window, I can just about see the goals at the Moffat stand end