8 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Seem to be looking up front all the time when the cover is needed at the back.

The problem is there are a lot of different threads concerning player transfers floating around at the moment. You might have missed the AD quote of wanting another central defender which Skygod highlighted in bold. 

We do need a forward or two in if we are playing two up front. Not being able to change things cost us a few times last season when things weren't working. 

We also need cover at left back and another centre back in the door...preferably one who can overtake Broadfoot as first choice.

That said...with two weeks until the season starts and not a single keeper on our books who can play an SPL game we should be focusing all attention on that and ensuring at least one is in within the next few days.

38 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Hopefully he gets the back sorted but I've no idea how many games I watched last season where we were completely devoid of attacking options and offered nothing going forward, thus eventually  losing possession and putting our own defence under too much pressure, too often. 

Of course we need cover at the back/in goals, but personally feel trying to bolster options with attacking players is just as important, if not more so. 

1 minute ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Hopefully he gets the back sorted but I've no idea how many games I watched last season where we were completely devoid of attacking options and offered nothing going forward, thus eventually  losing possession and putting our own defence under too much pressure, too often. 

Of course we need cover at the back/in goals, but personally feel trying to bolster options with attacking players is just as important, if not more so. 

Agreed last year the bulk of the problems came from us having nothing up front attacking wise. Improving it will be vital to a successful season.

I think signing Hooper and Whitehall giving the leagues they are in won’t be massive money. Along with Kabamba and Brophy if he stays. Would provide competition.

Instead of Osman Sow and Simeon Jackson ffs. 

It’s blatantly obvious where we need to strengthen. Seems Dyer fancies 442 so you expect Power Dicker with Two wingers and Brophy a certainty if fit. Say Burke and Pinnock. 

Leaves you with Kabamba, Whitehall, Hooper, Mckenzie,Kiltie, Cameron, Connell, El Mak etc to choose from or bench. 

24 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

It was an observation. There are critical comments all over the forum, but people like you only jump in when it’s myself that makes one. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have followed the club for fifty four years, had a season for twenty seven years, be a member of the Trust and TIK if they never pleased me. 

It wasn't a very good observation.  As others have pointed out we have a left back training with us and the manager is quoted yesterday stating he is looking for a CB. Given your voracious appetite for online content many are surprised you missed this.

34 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Seems Dyer fancies 442 so you expect Power Dicker with Two wingers and Brophy a certainty if fit. Say Burke and Pinnock. 

Aye. I was going to say on my previous post that we're still short of a technical, creative midfield player. Hard to find but someone in an Eremenko type mould. But the more you look at what we're doing the more you can see that we're putting most of our eggs in the one basket when it comes to our attacking play and being very obvious that it's the wide players who'll bear that responsibility. Whether we can get that going and keep it going without becoming predictable is another matter, but let's hope. 

4 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I think it’s likely McKenzie would come in and we will play 4231 away at parkhead etc. Maybe Mckenzie will keep pinnock out the team on the left. Good to have big lads as I felt we were bullied at times under Alessio.

Away to the harder teams is ideal for mckenzie. 

43 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Aye. I was going to say on my previous post that we're still short of a technical, creative midfield player. Hard to find but someone in an Eremenko type mould. But the more you look at what we're doing the more you can see that we're putting most of our eggs in the one basket when it comes to our attacking play and being very obvious that it's the wide players who'll bear that responsibility. Whether we can get that going and keep it going without becoming predictable is another matter, but let's hope. 

I think it’s becoming less obvious what his attacking plans are which is a good thing. Last season we only had two options for long spells either Brophy alone or with Kabamba. IF we add Hooper and Whitehall on top of Pinnocks signing it opens a lot more variations in attack. A bit of pace we lacked last season. More height and power. The option to go with two out and out wingers. Different options as a lone striker for certain games. Still room to fit McKenzie or Kiltie in at 10 along with the possible emergence of Connell. 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Do you think the club look at transfer on a one by one basis? You can look at attackers while also looking at defenders - in fact, I'm quite sure we are.

If we did that it would take us even longer than usual to fill all the spots in the squad we need.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

It was an observation. There are critical comments all over the forum, but people like you only jump in when it’s myself that makes one. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have followed the club for fifty four years, had a season for twenty seven years, be a member of the Trust and TIK if they never pleased me. 

Well said mate, some of the chat on here is shocking....

For me, your opinions are critical (and rightly so as you’re a long standing paying customer and trust member etc) and show ambition.

You want things to be improved and for the town and districts beyond to support the club more, how can anyone contend that......especially on here. :hurrah:

Good that we seem to be adding more competition up front and in the wide positions but can’t help but feel we need a younger CM. Power, Dicker and El Makrini all 30+ with little goal threat or creativity. A box to box midfielder who could add some goals and even add competition to the established players could be good. 

7 minutes ago, LS180312 said:

Good that we seem to be adding more competition up front and in the wide positions but can’t help but feel we need a younger CM. Power, Dicker and El Makrini all 30+ with little goal threat or creativity. A box to box midfielder who could add some goals and even add competition to the established players could be good. 

Taylor ?