Kilmarnock v Dunfermline Athletic, 7.45pm

Tuesday November 10
Clyde v Kilmarnock, 7.45pm
Dumbarton v Falkirk, 7.45pm

Saturday November 14
Dunfermline Athletic v Clyde, 3.00pm
Kilmarnock v Dumbarton, 3.00pm

1 minute ago, Scouser2 said:

NotIced we were not picked for any live TV games , which seems to been a regular thing over the years by different TV companies

The only game in our group picked by Premier Sports for live TV , was Dunfermline V Falkirk ......

We are a vanilla club right now. Nothing to see here. Need somebody to come to see.

22 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

NotIced we were not picked for any live TV games , which seems to been a regular thing over the years by different TV companies

The only game in our group picked by Premier Sports for live TV , was Dunfermline V Falkirk ......

Unless there is a derby match then subscription services like Premier Sports will default to the teams with bigger supports hence Hearts and Hibs shown twice. Remember, you can easily by a month to month pass and cancel freely without a long term contract. Probably the way watching football is going in the next 5 years when Amazon or Facebook start getting serious about it.

1 minute ago, KillieDJ said:

Unless there is a derby match then subscription services like Premier Sports will default to the teams with bigger supports hence Hearts and Hibs shown twice. Remember, you can easily by a month to month pass and cancel freely without a long term contract. Probably the way watching football is going in the next 5 years when Amazon or Facebook start getting serious about it.

Yes. Moving that way. But it’s about viewer interest which unless anything special may be proportionate to fan base of clubs involved as you suggest. But imagine we signed an a China or Korea internationalist or even an old filth legend. We need to get creative. Tv companies want viewers. Viewers pay for advertising. There is a new world out there and killie need to get with it. Indeed not new concept but timing is right IMO.

1 hour ago, mitch14 said:

I run past Broadwood every day. You can see a sliver of one penalty box from Broadwood Loch, for the super committed who want to catch a bit of the game... 

I hope you’ve ran or plan to run the Cumbernauld 10k. Tremendous event.

6 hours ago, Merk said:

I hope you’ve ran or plan to run the Cumbernauld 10k. Tremendous event.

Last year I went out for my usual run without realising it was on and ended up accidentally joining part of it... Had to apologetically run past people clapping etc feeling like a fraud before I could find different way back 

• 2 weeks later...

Go ahead now given for clubs to stream Betfred games on PPV 

####

SPFL has announced that total prize money for this year’s Betfred Cup is to increase by 17% to over £2.6m.

Broadcasters Premier Sports will broadcast up to 16 live matches from this season’s Betfred Cup, an increase from last year’s 12 live games, and Betfred has also agreed to renew its title sponsorship, which will now run until at least the end of season 2020/21.

The minimum amount of prize money per club will be £20,000, with the winners of this year’s competition, which starts on October 6th, receiving £300,000 in prize money. Both are record amounts for the Betfred Cup.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “The format of this season’s Betfred Cup remains unchanged, but our agreement with Premier Sports also means that clubs will be able to live-­stream first round matches on a pay-­per-­view basis via club digital media services, provided the games have not been selected for broadcast by Premier Sports.

“This is an extremely welcome development, given the ongoing restrictions on supporters attending matches and we all look forward to another exciting competition in the months 

• 1 month later...

Will be interesting to see what the club decide to do for first 2 cup games .....given different rules about forfeiting games ......just write them off and accept 2 default defeats..or choose to play the youth team 

that is if our youth team are given go ahead health wise.......after tests 

41 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Will be interesting to see what the club decide to do for first 2 cup games .....given different rules about forfeiting games ......just write them off and accept 2 default defeats..or choose to play the youth team 

that is if our youth team are given go ahead health wise.......after tests 

If the youth team can play I think we will play the games. Falkirk may be a write off but you get the kids experience before the Pars game. By that point the six positive cases may be available after a 10 day isolation period. It would still be a tough task but we would be in a stronger position.

Other issue that comes to mind is staff. Are Dyer, Millen, Thompson and the rest of the staff isolating as well. Would we be going into a game with youth staff in charge. Having to come up with a management team from Fowler, Paul McDonald and the youth coach.

18 minutes ago, piffer said:

Other issue that comes to mind is staff. Are Dyer, Millen, Thompson and the rest of the staff isolating as well. Would we be going into a game with youth staff in charge. Having to come up with a management team from Fowler, Paul McDonald and the youth coach.

It seems to me it would make more sense for them to be taken by their usual coaches than the first team duo who won’t know them much.

Wasn’t there a video recently about them having just returned to training at  Bonnyton Thistle’s Park?

They're not likely to be up to speed yet. 

If possible and enough players are fit , the idea of playing our youth team seems to have benefit and nothing really to lose as games would be forfeited otherwise

would give them game time at a higher level and chance to make a name with no real pressure ....idea of making a couple of first team loan deals that would also be eligible would be a great boost 

Edited by Scouser2

1 hour ago, skygod said:

It seems to me it would make more sense for them to be taken by their usual coaches than the first team duo who won’t know them much.

Wasn’t there a video recently about them having just returned to training at  Bonnyton Thistle’s Park?

They're not likely to be up to speed yet. 

They will not have been around RP  also . Which could be a good thing 

I think we should withdraw tbh. The u20s have been beaten by far poorer sides in the Irn Bru Cup than Falkirk/Dunfermline in recent years. Very little chance of getting anything from the first two games.

Why commit the first team to two matches when we'd likely already be out - time could be better spent without the risk of injury. 

4 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I think we should withdraw tbh. The u20s have been beaten by far poorer sides in the Irn Bru Cup than Falkirk/Dunfermline in recent years. Very little chance of getting anything from the first two games.

Why commit the first team to two matches when we'd likely already be out - time could be better spent without the risk of injury. 

Maybe we shouldn’t bother playing any league games either. We won’t win it.

It’s a good idea to play the cup games IMO. I'd rather play and lose than go through the whole process of forfeiting or withdrawing. We don’t know where that would leave us in the future or how much it would cost us.

The youth player I reckon will be itching for a shot at it. Most of those boys have been denied a cup final. If they have to play on Tuesday they’ll be getting an opportunity to represent Kilmarnock FC not the reserves or U18s. That will mean a lot to them.

We talk a lot about the pathway to the first team. This might be the opportunity for some. I’m not expecting miracles but a taste of the promised land could spur them on. Maybe some short term pain for long term gain.