Fowler

Skora11

Looked a massive rebuilding job after end of last season but fowler and dyer have identified the problem areas and have signed well thought of  players at a good age and  decent experience.

we now have cover up front and wings, 2 first choice fullbacks.

all we need is a centre half and a good keeper and we look pretty set. 

11 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Looked a massive rebuilding job after end of last season but fowler and dyer have identified the problem areas and have signed well thought of  players at a good age and  decent experience.

we now have cover up front and wings, 2 first choice fullbacks.

all we need is a centre half and a good keeper and we look pretty set. 

Going by Dyer's interview, I would imagine Rogers and Bachmann are both tied up ready to get announced. Then his 1 or 2 others will be a centre back and Tshibola, maybe JJ Hooper if he has impressed enough.

Looking good at the moment. It looks like they’ve looked at issues and gone out and addressed them. We needed to replace SOD so got McGowan. Looking for balance on the left side of midfield so got Pinnock. Another option up front get Whitehall. Competition at LB get Haunstrup

Still two glaring problems to solve but I’m more and more confident we will deal with it. The keeper situation seems to be in hand and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bachmann and Rogers in the door in the next week or so. Good to hear Dyer talking about another CB. Hopefully a starter rather than backup. If there’s budget left then another striker and Tshibola would be lovely 

31 minutes ago, piffer said:

Looking good at the moment. It looks like they’ve looked at issues and gone out and addressed them. We needed to replace SOD so got McGowan. Looking for balance on the left side of midfield so got Pinnock. Another option up front get Whitehall. Competition at LB get Haunstrup

Still two glaring problems to solve but I’m more and more confident we will deal with it. The keeper situation seems to be in hand and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bachmann and Rogers in the door in the next week or so. Good to hear Dyer talking about another CB. Hopefully a starter rather than backup. If there’s budget left then another striker and Tshibola would be lovely 

Kilmarnock want sign right full back (if Millen leave) striker (Stewart loan), centre back (Del Fabro loan) and other keeper (Bachmann loan) after JJ Hooper & Roger offer deal done 

18 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Kilmarnock want sign right full back (if Millen leave) striker (Stewart loan), centre back (Del Fabro loan) and other keeper (Bachmann loan) after JJ Hooper & Roger offer deal done 

If we get all those players in it would be fantastic Craigie!  

Does the Stewart loan actually have any  substance or is it just forum chat?  

Edited by SCOOT KFC

8 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Craigie I've seen you mention a few times about signing a right back if Millen leaves - is this something you've heard a rumour about?

1 hour ago, Bellman2010 said:

There was an unsubstantiated rumour on Facebook that Gary Holt was at  the Motherwell game to watch Millen. 

I haven’t seen anything else about it since the original post. 

Just signed his contract for another year. Doubt he would be loaned out.

2 hours ago, Bellman2010 said:

There was an unsubstantiated rumour on Facebook that Gary Holt was at  the Motherwell game to watch Millen. 

I haven’t seen anything else about it since the original post. 

Can't imagine he would have any interest in Millen.  Already has a decent right back who is much better than Millen.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Unlike pretty much every previous transfer window, I don’t think I have seen ANY negative comments about any of the players brought in so far. Whilst some may not cut it, you have to hand it to Fowler and Dyer for achieving the Kickback impossible!

McGowan is still the only one who people really have any first-hand knowledge of.

Pinnock, Rossi, Whitehall and Haunstrup are unfamiliar names to almost almost all of us, I expect.

The positive is that they have all been on trial for extended periods so we're trusting their judgement.   

I agree with the original post, i was the first to slaughter him after bringing Broadfoot back (still a decision i don't agree with) however i was told he was working hard behind the scenes to get things right and it really looks like he has done this. 

It looks like he has done a great job this transfer window, although the proof is yet to come it looks like some really decent signings that he has worked hard on. If we get a couple in where we need them then i am delighted with what hes produced over the summer and hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Feeling a lot better about the future.

Some of the signings last summer looked on paper ok......Well they came from so called bigger clubs .......the main issue last summer was delays in bringing in the players for important areas of the team......some areas were never improved 

and then that mad scramble on that last week or so which brought in a few more  ...but little quality 

At the moment it looks like Fowler and Dyer have identified the areas needed improved and also the type of player they wanted...most are in early 20’s and with at least some experience of British football 

22 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Some of the signings last summer looked on paper ok......Well they came from so called bigger clubs .......the main issue last summer was delays in bringing in the players for important areas of the team......some areas were never improved 

and then that mad scramble on that last week or so which brought in a few more  ...but little quality 

At the moment it looks like Fowler and Dyer have identified the areas needed improved and also the type of player they wanted...most are in early 20’s and with at least some experience of British football 

We seem to be getting players with a decent amount of games under their belt. I think Niko, Larry, Miller and the like were too experienced to be playing every week with the level of expectation that comes with it.

4 minutes ago, theboyjohnston said:

We seem to be getting players with a decent amount of games under their belt. I think Niko, Larry, Miller and the like were too experienced to be playing every week with the level of expectation that comes with it.

Totaly agreed....Only the young centrte half is inexperienced. They signings are also big tough looking lads.

Good to see us signing folk permanently also. Tshibola imo if he really wanted it and upped his aggression and dominated players could be worth a bit of cash if he signed a 2 year deal let’s say. If he bullied players like Mulumbu in the Celtic game he would be one of the best in this league. If he lifted his urgency and really had head screwed on would be a good signing for Killie. Has a sort of Pogba style about him where his demeanour and style can really piss folk off at times. 

Edited by Souleycouley93

1 hour ago, cammy2012 said:

We'd do well to reserve judgement until we've a few games under our belt.

Of course we would mate and we all will. I think the original poster was simply pointing out that he thought we were moving in the right direction. ALL transfers have the possibility to be good or bad, even those at the top end of the market.

The majority of signings so far (Pinnock, Whitehall and Rossi) have to step up a level to be effective. The promising thing is these guys have been in training and have shown over a prolonged period of trial that they are worth bringing on board. They're all in the right age range and have all played senior league football in England effectively but maybe lost their way a bit or fell further down the pyramid than they should of. They are all guys who speak with genuine awareness that this is a big opportunity for them and a desire to take it as well as speaking highly of the guys around them. 

If we get a couple of keepers in we have enough to go into the season with. If anyone else becomes available over a few months or it becomes clear we have a problem area then it's worth having a bit of budget available to make adjustments if at all possible. 

2 hours ago, skygod said:

McGowan is still the only one who people really have any first-hand knowledge of.

Pinnock, Rossi, Whitehall and Haunstrup are unfamiliar names to almost almost all of us, I expect.

The positive is that they have all been on trial for extended periods so we're trusting their judgement.   

Agree with all you say. My point was that in previous windows there were always people on here quick to come up with the “he’ll no dae” line for a variety of reasons. So far, I haven’t seen any of those. Of course, it’s likely that one or two of the signings won’t make the step up, but at least they haven’t been written off before they even take the field.