Greg Kiltie

Dieter's Heeder

1 minute ago, killieblue said:

He would have gone onto great things had he not picked up his two horrible injuries. One of the nicest and hard working lads in the squad. He deserves success. 

Spot on.

The Kiltie before the injuries was as good player we've produced since Naisy.

Would love to see him back as the main man again.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Agree this season is massive for him. We all know what he can bring if he manages to find some consistency. As SH says, he is the most talented player we have produced since Naisy and thankfully seemed to be coming out the other side of those horror injuries and rebuilding his confidence to take a tackle again. I think if he adds a bit more of a pressing element to his game (which he was showing signs of last season before it was cut short) then he could be a very big player for us. He's capable of unseating Kabamba to play alongside Brophy as a drop forward and he may well fancy his chances at taking the left sided position off of Rory too. Hoping he takes his chances when they come. 

Seems to be saying similar things a few times over previous years but hopefully this is the year for him to kick on , even with the extra competition In squad , there was times early last season when his time at the club seemed to be coming to an end , talk of frustration with things and even talk of him getting released .....

but full credit to Kiltie when he returned from the loan and with change of Manager he seemed to step up and be part of things again 

Might seem strange to say but maybe the position he fancies is Brophy’s. For me he played some of his best stuff under Lee Clark behind Boyd or Magennis with wide players either side of him. He’s a different type of player to Brophy but the wolf has enjoyed buzzing around a main striker more than as a lone striker. Maybe if Kabamba, Whitehall or someone else was more suited to playing up top themselves Kiltie would slot back into 10 as a different option to the two up front. 

If the team is set up in the way that favours Kiltie then he could make a great contribution as there are few with his ability to link the play and make runs into space - the end of season game at Thistle where Eremenko found him every time is a great example of that.

If we go long then that won't suit him. Playing off a target man is not his game.

I hope he gets a chance as he is one of the most intelligent and technically gifted players at the club.

Agree its a huge season for him, was definitely coming into form against all the doubters (myself included).

He needs to really grab his chance though, as right now he's not good enough (recent form-wise) to justify building the team around him, but he will probably have to play out of his favoured position to earn that....its a big ask and I really hope does it.

Made an impact when he came back from his last loan. It's a shame we are still talking about his potential, but he is exactly the type of player we need to have a successful season. Skill, awareness, and an attacking brain. He was influential in a few games, and this moment of skill shows what he is capable of:

I really hope he kicks on this year. One of our own.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

That's what we all love to see. Something every single Killie fan can get behind was that performance today, particularly first half. 

Thought he was our best player today. 2 assists and a lot more great passes and movement. Looked a lot like the Kiltie we had before his injuries. The header for Brophy’s goal was fantastic.