El Makrini

LH31

when played as the advance player of three he lacks creativity, Just as Dicker and Power would. He is a defensive/Link midfielder or he was in Holland. Has a good engine , Can tackle , plus works hard for the Team. IMO now that Dickers form has been on the slide or at least lacks consistency , I would be happy for him to play in a two with Power. He has a better range in his passing than Dicker who tends to play sideways.  Anyway a good option to have.

46 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

when played as the advance player of three he lacks creativity, Just as Dicker and Power would. He is a defensive/Link midfielder or he was in Holland. Has a good engine , Can tackle , plus works hard for the Team. IMO now that Dickers form has been on the slide or at least lacks consistency , I would be happy for him to play in a two with Power. He has a better range in his passing than Dicker who tends to play sideways.  Anyway a good option to have.

I wonder if Dickers double hernia has been plaguing him, it might be worth taking into account the possibility it could have played a factor in his dip/inconsistant form.

Having had the same happen to me 2 years ago I know first hand how it effected my ability at work.

Time will tell I guess once he returns......

22 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I wonder if Dickers double hernia has been plaguing him, it might be worth taking into account the possibility it could have played a factor in his dip/inconsistant form..

I think if he had been suffering long-term from a hernia he would have had it repaired much sooner, and not at the end of the “close season”. 

Brilliant at shutting out play. Sometimes likely to follow it up with a foul or the ball bouncing off him.

I don't think anyone could say we've honestly seen what he does best. Playing him in a role that was essentially defend high up off the striker is a role that doesn't really exist for a reason. With Dicker being out you'd imagine he will get a run beside Power, he's certainly got all the attributes to be good properly in the middle.

1 minute ago, skygod said:

I think if he had been suffering long-term from a hernia he would have had it repaired much sooner, and not at the end of the “close season”. 

You would think Skydog, but having been to see my doctor to have it checked out, she sent me to hospital for tests but nothing showed up early doors.

I knew something wasn't right at the outset and it defo effect my ability at work till it actually tore.

Honest player, hard working, good engine and a fairly tidy passer. Too often asked to play a role he wasn’t used to or maybe capable of last season. 

Still behind Dicker and Power for me going into the season but if one of them are out injured or suspended he’s more than capable.

I really rate him. Think he gets a lot of unfair flack and I don't know why. Maybe because he was the main new guy off the back of a season where we were excellent and onto one where we didn't perform, but it's extremely harsh to link those two things together considering everything else that went on. 

A bit more to aim at in attacking areas and I think there's a good player in there. Hopefully this season we'll see the best of him. 

I don’t think we’ve seen the best of him yet. For me he was a bit of a square peg in a round hole last year for the role he was asked to play regularly. Probably more suited to Power or Dickers role in the midfield. He just got on with it though and that’s to be applauded. Perhaps if Dicker is out injured we’ll see him in that role for a few games and see what he’s really about

2 hours ago, skygod said:

Rumour is he was supposed to get the operation when the league finished but the operation was put on hold due to Covid-19.

Don't know if true or not but I do know lots of operations were put on hold. 

Holding midfielder. Absolutely mental having him play number 10 last season at times. He cut off all passing lanes into Brophy cause he wasn’t sure where to be positioned. Not his fault right enough but it congested our midfield into a lot of bodies. 442 with Power would probably suit him. I prefer Dicker though I think he’s massively underrated.

Saw him a few times at the start of last season and he was the best player on the pitch for me. Not sure how much action he’ll get this season however, given that he’s essentially Alessios man. Which is a shame because he clearly can play.

Has looked a decent deep lying central midfielder, experienced in that role at his previous clubs.......played out of position for a large number of games though which was not ideal......if we are going with a front 2 and then  2 wide players, in most games this season then he adds competition for the 2 central midfield roles ...or added strength for games we opt for a more defensive approach 

Edited by Scouser2