Killie TV Update

C4mmy31
Message added by Lroy,

Do not sign up for an International Subscription through a VPN with your Season Ticket account. Create a new account otherwise it will override your season ticket and you will not be able to view future games. A fix is being worked on. Contact [email protected] if you are affected by this issue.

16 hours ago, piffer said:

Sky showed 9 EPL games at the same time yesterday but have no interest in spreading SPFL kick offs over a whole weekend and showing every game. Instead they are taking a cut from clubs showing games to their own ST holders. If the SPFL has a proper leader they’d be putting pressure on Sky to get the product out there to a wider audience.

This is what I don't understand either...they won't have much live footie (if any) until English leagues start again mid-September.

They have the infrastructure to offer one day passes through Now TV and would mean they aren't relying on home clubs plus can keep the revenue.

Scottish government could get involved, as the UK one did, and say football can't restart until all games are broadcast whilst fans are locked out

26 minutes ago, KillieDJ said:

This is what I don't understand either...they won't have much live footie (if any) until English leagues start again mid-September.

They have the infrastructure to offer one day passes through Now TV and would mean they aren't relying on home clubs plus can keep the revenue.

Scottish government could get involved, as the UK one did, and say football can't restart until all games are broadcast whilst fans are locked out

What don't you understand ? Sky aren't interested in Scottish football and offered a comparatively paltry sum to have exclusive rights to it. They don't have any football during World Cup and Euro Championship seasons but manage to survive without it. If they were to put coverage on Now TV customers would expect the same quality as EPL games and providing camera crews and commentators for each game simply isn't cost effective in most cases. 

Just got the email.  Dreadful formatting, so I've reformatted it here:

Thank you for purchasing your Season Pass for season 2020/21 It will be a season like no other but we want you to feel as close to the action as possible with the help of Killie TV. Season Pass holders for 2020/21 will have free membership to watch all our home league matches live. Below are some Questions & Answers to help understand the process;

Q. What devices can I use to access Killie TV?

A. Killie TV is available to watch on desktop computers, laptops, iPads, smart phones, and android devices.

• You must ensure that your internet browsers are up to date and that JavaScript has been enabled. The recommended browsers for accessing Killie TV are Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox. Other browsers are available and may work but are unsupported by Killie TV.

• Unfortunately, Killie TV is not supported on games consoles such as PlayStation or Xbox, and may not work on smart televisions. This is due to smart televisions browser not having JavaScript fully enabled.

• If you wish to watch Killie TV through your television, we recommend connecting your device to the TV using an HDMI cable.

• The quality of your Killie TV stream will be dependent on the strength and speed of your internet. For the best results we recommend using an internet speed of at least 5Mbps. You can check this by contacting your internet service provider.

• In order to get the best Killie TV stream, you should close any other content such as tabs and programmes whilst watching your stream, as well as disabling ad-blocking software you may have.

Q. How do I access Killie TV?

A. Season Pass holders can log in to Killie TV with a username and password and we will let you know when this function is live for a full day test.

Your username is your first name-second name–season ticket reference code (for example john-smith-abcde)

Your password is your season ticket reference code. (NOTE: this is 5 letters e.g. abcde) If you have more than one season ticket in your family, you will each have your own login details. You may only receive one email if you share an email address on our system. When will the service become available?

Our partners, Stream Digital are putting the finishing touches to the system and we will be in touch with all Season Pass holders when it is possible to log in. We will notify supporters of an all-day test which we plan to run with Stream Digital to ensure season pass holders can log in, access the site and see a video to ensure everything is set up ahead of the first home match.

Q. Issues regarding login, who do I contact?

A. If you have any questions or issues then please email [email protected] where the enhanced customer services team at Stream Digital can help you.

15 hours ago, killiekosmos said:

Just got the email.  Dreadful formatting, so I've reformatted it here:

Thank you for purchasing your Season Pass for season 2020/21 It will be a season like no other but we want you to feel as close to the action as possible with the help of Killie TV. Season Pass holders for 2020/21 will have free membership to watch all our home league matches live. Below are some Questions & Answers to help understand the process;

Q. What devices can I use to access Killie TV?

A. Killie TV is available to watch on desktop computers, laptops, iPads, smart phones, and android devices.

• You must ensure that your internet browsers are up to date and that JavaScript has been enabled. The recommended browsers for accessing Killie TV are Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox. Other browsers are available and may work but are unsupported by Killie TV.

• Unfortunately, Killie TV is not supported on games consoles such as PlayStation or Xbox, and may not work on smart televisions. This is due to smart televisions browser not having JavaScript fully enabled.

• If you wish to watch Killie TV through your television, we recommend connecting your device to the TV using an HDMI cable.

• The quality of your Killie TV stream will be dependent on the strength and speed of your internet. For the best results we recommend using an internet speed of at least 5Mbps. You can check this by contacting your internet service provider.

• In order to get the best Killie TV stream, you should close any other content such as tabs and programmes whilst watching your stream, as well as disabling ad-blocking software you may have.

Q. How do I access Killie TV?

A. Season Pass holders can log in to Killie TV with a username and password and we will let you know when this function is live for a full day test.

Your username is your first name-second name–season ticket reference code (for example john-smith-abcde)

Your password is your season ticket reference code. (NOTE: this is 5 letters e.g. abcde) If you have more than one season ticket in your family, you will each have your own login details. You may only receive one email if you share an email address on our system. When will the service become available?

Our partners, Stream Digital are putting the finishing touches to the system and we will be in touch with all Season Pass holders when it is possible to log in. We will notify supporters of an all-day test which we plan to run with Stream Digital to ensure season pass holders can log in, access the site and see a video to ensure everything is set up ahead of the first home match.

Q. Issues regarding login, who do I contact?

A. If you have any questions or issues then please email [email protected] where the enhanced customer services team at Stream Digital can help you.

Thanks for reformatting.

To send the communication out in the format they did was totally unprofessional.
I have no idea who manages this side of the club's business but the standard is totally appalling.

Live testing day is between 3pm & 8pm on 4th August

We can now provide a further update over planned Killie TV testing for Season Pass holders.

Our partners Stream Digital have confirmed that supporters with a 2020/21 Season Pass will be able to test our revamped Killie TV site, which will launch next week.

The test will make sure users can log in and view a video on Tuesday, August 4 and the test will run from 3-8pm.

For Season Pass holders

Your username is your first name-second name–season ticket reference code (for example john-smith-abcde)

Your password is your season ticket reference code. (NOTE: this is 5 letters e.g. abcde)

If you have more than one season ticket in your family, you will each have your own login details.

New Moffat Family purchases can be bought via email ([email protected]) or phone 01563 545 311 (open Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm).

Our season opener v Hibernian

For this weekend’s away match against Hibernian, supporters with a UK or international Killie TV subscription will be able to access our content by visiting our existing Killie TV website and entering the username and password you will have created when buying your subscription.

A reminder that international subscribers will be able to watch Saturday’s match live with dedicated Killie commentary from Gavin Wallace and John Boyd while UK subscribers will receive live audio only with the chance to view a full match replay from 10pm.

An international Killie TV subscription costs £12.99 per month or £129.99 per year.

A UK Killie TV package is £5.99 per month or £59.99 for an annual pass.

If you have any questions or issues then please email [email protected] where the enhanced customer services team at Stream Digital can help you.

What devices can I use to access Killie TV?

Killie TV is available to watch on desktop computers, laptops, iPads, smart phones, and android devices.

• In order to get the best Killie TV stream, you should close any other content such as tabs and programmes whilst watching your stream, as well as disabling ad-blocking software you may have
Edited by C4mmy31

FOOTIE chiefs are launching a secret clampdown on fans live-streaming games illegally — as club coffers are hammered by the coronavirus stadium ban.

Scottish Premiership sides reeling from the shutdown will rely partly on income from flogging match coverage to supporters to stay afloat.

But team bosses fear pirate broadcasters will share their footage with thousands of others online — costing them a fortune in lost pay-per view subscriptions of up to £20 a game.

It came as First Minister Nicola Sturgeon warned supporters to “behave responsibly” when top flight football returns this weekend for the start of the 2020/21 league campaign.

The SPFL said busting illicit viewings is a priority after signing a money-spinning new five-year TV deal with Sky Sports.

A spokesman added: “This will see us ramping up monitoring of illegal streams of SPFL matches. Illegal streaming is not simply against the law — it sucks vital revenue out of SPFL clubs at a time when they are fighting for survival in the face of the Covid-19 crisis.

“Illegal streaming is not, as some think it to be, a ‘victimless crime’. It is a criminal offence that the SPFL takes extremely seriously.

“This season we’ll be using covert monitoring of illegal streams and of those pubs and clubs who choose to broadcast pirated broadcasts.

“Last season we took successful legal action against a number of pubs in Scotland.”

Fans have previously shared footage by shooting live video on their phone from another device on which they’ve bought the game.

In the Scottish Premiership, 11 of the 12 clubs are to use site StreamDigital to screen their matches to fans until the terraces reopen, with Rangers using a different system.

The model will allow season ticket holders free access to matches, while some clubs are offering footage on a pay-per-view basis.

Teams can set their own prices, which so far range from £12 to £20 per game to watch stars including Celtic’s Scott Brown and the Gers’ Ryan Kent in action.

That allows fans who’d usually “pay at the gate” to fork out instead on a match by match basis.

Away team supporters can also buy footage.

A source at one club said: “Piracy could be a big issue, especially for clubs like Rangers and Celtic.

“Official coverage of matches is one of the few revenue streams available to clubs in Scotland. It’s become a lot more important with no fans in grounds at the start of the season.

“We’ve seen fans posting streams on fan Facebook pages before. Obviously if you’ve got hundreds of fans watching an illegal stream rather than them paying their £10 to £15, that’s a lot of lost revenue.

“All you can really do is report it to Facebook or the relevant social media site so it’s taken down.”

It’s understood the SPFL will be working closely with Sky Sports to target any dodgy web feeds of games shown on the channel.

A legal source close to the governing body added: “The coming season presents unique challenges, particularly until fans are allowed fully into grounds. There’s scope for people to abuse the situation with streaming.

“There’s obviously the issue that some pubs could take advantage and misrepresent they’re a fan buying pay-per-view to show it in there.”

Footie finance expert Professor Chris Brady said he’s “certain” some supporters will try to get round paying for games by watching streams for free.

He added: “Teams will be struggling financially during all this and getting round paying for matches certainly won’t help.

“I think there’s an opportunity for clubs to appeal to the better nature of fans, and ask them to support the clubs and pay for the footage. If I’m a fan of a club I’m not going to want to deprive them of money because it might lead to them not being there long term.”

Meanwhile, at her daily Covid briefing, Ms Sturgeon urged supporters watching games in boozers to follow strict social distancing and hand-washing rules.

She also gave a glimmer of hope that fans may soon be allowed back into grounds as part of a trial.

Her advisor Professor Jason Leitch had said on July 2 there was “no chance” of crowds at games before October — but added he might “pencil in” that month for a return.

And the SNP leader had raised concerns about fans gathering to watch play behind closed doors.

But she claimed it had come out “a bit more vehemently” than intended, adding: “It was a factor back at the start in terms of thinking about mass gatherings.

“But I don’t have huge concerns about that as professional sport gets back underway.”

Hinting she may say more within days, she added: “We’d be interested, if possible, in having potentially trials, but we need to move cautiously and carefully.”

The Scottish Sun.

That’s great but they’ve made no effort to make sure fans can see every game. They could have pushed Sky to show more games or made sure that clubs are making streams for every game available to everyone. There is an appetite in this country to watch football which the broadcasters and authorities don’t want to satisfy. If Sky showed games on PPV with a 50/50 type split with the home club I’m sure it would be popular. Streams are great but not always reliable. PPV with clubs benefiting appeals to the masses its not just Killie fans who are struggling to find more ways to give their clubs money. 

A weekend trip to Germany for me, I'm sure I can find somewhere showing the game no bother. Booked via VPN Airlines. 

Only booked the trip after learning Hibs weren't doing PPV. Good to see theyre not feeling the effects of the pandemic and can obviously turn down cash. 

13 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Only booked the trip after learning Hibs weren't doing PPV. Good to see theyre not feeling the effects of the pandemic and can obviously turn down cash. 

Ah, spoken like an entitled Old Firm fan who cannae get a ticket for the one stand we’re giving them. Remember that?

21 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Ah, spoken like an entitled Old Firm fan who cannae get a ticket for the one stand we’re giving them. Remember that?

Nowhere near the same kind of comparison, no fans home or away are allowed to go to games , was said ages ago fans would be able to see games to stop any issues

now weeks on nearly all clubs will offer pay as you go streaming option to home And away fans to watch games due to current covid regulations.

Hibs are not doing that...and at the moment will only do so for “certain games” ..A lot of Hibs fans who would also have spent money to buy this game are also as angry as our fans....

Edited by Scouser2

Quick Question I have an international sub for Killie Tv taken out last summer so I could watch the Nomads home game(......sorry) whilst in Lanzarote on holiday, never cancelled it and still paying the £12.99 a month.

So via a VPN it sounds like I can watch Saturday’s game.

I also plan  to renew my season ticket today or tomorrow.

Is the season pass access completely separate from Killie TV international ??

Will I have any issues running both services together for example with user names and passwords ???

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Quick Question I have an international sub for Killie Tv taken out last summer so I could watch the Nomads home game(......sorry) whilst in Lanzarote on holiday, never cancelled it and still paying the £12.99 a month.

So via a VPN it sounds like I can watch Saturday’s game.

I also plan  to renew my season ticket today or tomorrow.

Is the season pass access completely separate from Killie TV international ??

Will I have any issues running both services together for example with user names and passwords ???

Thanks.

Via a VPN yes you will be able to watch it. 

Season tickets are using a log in based on their season ticket number so won’t be linked to your international subscription 

1 hour ago, Dillinger said:

A weekend trip to Germany for me, I'm sure I can find somewhere showing the game no bother. Booked via VPN Airlines. 

Hibs seem to think they are only missing out on what would be the in-stadium equivalent of our away support. Plenty killie fans who don't go to away games will be interested as well as those who can't afford to go to home games.

From a quick twitter check it looks like they are having technical issues anyway. Boo hoo.

6 minutes ago, capitalkillie said:

Hibs seem to think they are only missing out on what would be the in-stadium equivalent of our away support. Plenty killie fans who don't go to away games will be interested as well as those who can't afford to go to home games.

From a quick twitter check it looks like they are having technical issues anyway. Boo hoo.

They are also missing out on their own walk up fans. It sounds like they have just thrown this game under a bus in order to buy about an extra month as all their other home games are on  Sky l am told.

Whether they need the time to resolve technical issues or are hoping we will all be allowed back in the grounds by then I cant say. In any event it seems the SPFL are setting the ba as low as they usually do in allowing a member club to play what is effectively a behind closed doors game for financial reasons.

Edited by gdevoy

2 hours ago, Killiepie said:

Via a VPN yes you will be able to watch it. 

Season tickets are using a log in based on their season ticket number so won’t be linked to your international subscription 

Cheers 2 Season tickets renewed today.