Killie TV Update

C4mmy31
Message added by Lroy,

Do not sign up for an International Subscription through a VPN with your Season Ticket account. Create a new account otherwise it will override your season ticket and you will not be able to view future games. A fix is being worked on. Contact [email protected] if you are affected by this issue.

36 minutes ago, gamla said:

Morning

Quick question, which has no doubt been asked and answered before, so apologies for that...but...

Do I need to set up a new Killie TV account-with VPN enabled-to become an "international" subscriber? Or do I just use the one already set up for my already purchased season ticket and enable the international option through that?

Many thanks for any help given.

I don't think you can do it through the existing one, has to be new account. Vpn, international monthly (or annual) subscription. That's how I did it anyway when I made that trip to Paris. 

10 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't think you can do it through the existing one, has to be new account. Vpn, international monthly (or annual) subscription. That's how I did it anyway when I made that trip to Paris. 

Thanks for that. General question for anyone...

Can I use the same email address that I signed up for the domestic season ticket account with, or does it need to be a different one?

Cheers

3 minutes ago, gamla said:

Thanks for that. General question for anyone...

Can I use the same email address that I signed up for the domestic season ticket account with, or does it need to be a different one?

Cheers

No, that will be associated with your existing domestic account.

Top tip: if you use Gmail, you can use an alias for things like this. All you need to do is add an '+', then your alias. For example, if you signed up to killietv with [email protected], you could sign up to the international one with [email protected]. It goes to the same inbox. It's also useful for figuring out where spam came from. Not all sign ups accept the plus sign in their forms, but most do.

3 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

No, that will be associated with your existing domestic account.

Top tip: if you use Gmail, you can use an alias for things like this. All you need to do is add an '+', then your alias. For example, if you signed up to killietv with [email protected], you could sign up to the international one with [email protected]. It goes to the same inbox. It's also useful for figuring out where spam came from. Not all sign ups accept the plus sign in their forms, but most do.

This is genius.  Thanks for that.  Not all heroes wear capes!

On 8/11/2020 at 4:36 PM, Scooby_Doo said:

Indeed. Once you have connected via VPN, you are no longer on the WiFi network by definition, so you won't be able to see the Chromecast.

A wee tip, when I connect through the VPN, start the video then switch off the VPN the live video keeps playing and my WiFi then lets me Chromecast to the TV.

1 minute ago, Killieboykfc said:

They appear to be using dial up for this stream. 

The buffering is unbearable already. Get about 5 seconds of video then it freezes 

Any joy with the other options? A couple of times on Sunday I had to switch to one of the other streams