Killie TV Update

C4mmy31
Message added by Lroy,

Do not sign up for an International Subscription through a VPN with your Season Ticket account. Create a new account otherwise it will override your season ticket and you will not be able to view future games. A fix is being worked on. Contact [email protected] if you are affected by this issue.

2 hours ago, RAG said:

Was in Germany and my ipad wouldn’t stream the picture on Chrome.  Got a few jerky frames and that was the lot.  No probs using Safari previously, but i was too miserable to bother changing the browser, or flitting to Andorra where I watched the Dundee United game.

Killie TV international wouldn’t steam the picture on my iPad using safari. Got a picture on stream 2 but it wasn’t great, logged out and back in and couldn’t get picture. Could hear commentary fine. Ended up watching on Red TV via a stream. Anyone know if there is an issue with Killie TV on iPads now? Never used to be. 

39 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Killie TV international wouldn’t steam the picture on my iPad using safari. Got a picture on stream 2 but it wasn’t great, logged out and back in and couldn’t get picture. Could hear commentary fine. Ended up watching on Red TV via a stream. Anyone know if there is an issue with Killie TV on iPads now? Never used to be. 

My experience was similar.  The current ipadOS  (on all v13 updates) is seriously buggy software, so could be that,  I’d just updated to ipadOS 13.7 a couple of days ago, version 13.3 and 13.4 were worst ipad software I’ve used in 10 years - so bad I sent them an email report, otherwise I’d have smashed the thing to bits!.  

Had I been properly debugging it, you’d delete browser cookies etc, log back in, with VPN and it should then work OK.  I was happy enough listening to the radio commentary though!  

I suspect if there was a feed problem it would be of Aberdeens making, but ipad iOS 13 is complete garbage for an apple product.

Edited by RAG

17 minutes ago, RAG said:

My experience was similar.  The current ipadOS  (on all v13 updates) is seriously buggy software, so could be that,  I’d just updated to ipadOS 13.7 a couple of days ago, version 13.3 and 13.4 were worst ipad software I’ve used in 10 years - so bad I sent them an email report, otherwise I’d have smashed the thing to bits!.  

Had I been properly debugging it, you’d delete browser cookies etc, log back in, with VPN and it should then work OK.  I was happy enough listening to the radio commentary though!  

I suspect if there was a feed problem it would be of Aberdeens making, but ipad iOS 13 is complete garbage for an apple product.

I had similar problems today  with international  subscription.  

9 hours ago, RAG said:

I’m watching KillieTV on my iPad Pro with IOS 13.7 and Nord VPN using Safari with absolutely no problems in the last few weeks .

8 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

I’m watching KillieTV on my iPad Pro with IOS 13.7 and Nord VPN using Safari with absolutely no problems in the last few weeks .

I’ve got a bog standard ipad With 2gb of RAM. It kept flicking from bbc.co.uk to bbc.com last night, without me pressing any buttons.  Known issues with iPadOS are with memory ‘swaps’ when it runs out of RAM , which your posh ipad with 4gb of RAM won’t have to do!  Ipads use desktop websites by default now and no useable PC has 2gb of RAM these days. Id like to get a better ipad, but the pro models have a laminated screen To reduce glare and reflection.  But if you drop em, the display, glass and digitiser for touch controls need replaced, costing hundreds, rather than a £40 glass replacement on the standard model. 

Edited by RAG

4 minutes ago, RAG said:

I’ve got a bog standard ipad With 2gb of RAM. It kept flicking from bbc.co.uk to bbc.com last night, without me pressing any buttons.  Known issues with iPadOS are with memory ‘swaps’ when it runs out of RAM , which your posh ipad with 4gb of RAM won’t have to do!  Ipads use desktop websites by default now and no useable PC has 2gb of RAM these days. Id like to get a better ipad, but the pro models have a laminated screen To reduce glare and reflection.  But if you drop em, the display, glass and digitiser for touch controls need replaced, costing hundreds, rather than a £40 glass replacement on the standard model. 

Thanks for the heads up re screen :)

It’s now 5 years old and a full charge with “normal “ use is only lasting max 2-2.5 hours with continual use , reading browsing etc no gaming .A new battery beckons . 

20 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Thanks for the heads up re screen :)

It’s now 5 years old and a full charge with “normal “ use is only lasting max 2-2.5 hours with continual use , reading browsing etc no gaming .A new battery beckons . 

I only know about the screen thing, cos my mother smashed hers to smithereens on her kitchen tiles, still dunno how she managed that!  She was delighted to get it fixed up for a reasonable price!  New battery in that and you'll be as good as new.

22 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Does anyone know the origins of peggyed ? Or is it Gavs own nomenclature? 

The one I know relates to a pair of trousers that are baggy at the top, and tapers to the ankle. I'm guessing, if the trousers didn't taper, the ball would get caught in the material when you tried to nutmeg someone. :40:

Watching the St Mirren vs Celtic game tonight on a stream from St Mirren TV. I’d be really interested to know their fans opinions on what they are being served up. We’ve obviously had various complaints and opinions about our commentators but it’s minor compared to this. The commentary team throughout the game and Danny Lennon at half time all more interested in talking about Celtic than the club who employ them. Frank McAvennie employed as a pundit didn’t even bother with the half time stuff.